Invest in You
A 3-day intensive program designed for senior leaders aspiring to the community college presidency.
The AACC Future Presidents Institute provides hands-on experience for senior leaders aspiring to the community college presidency. The association has gathered years of research from new CEOs about what they wish they had known before assuming the presidency.
The faculty for the institute is drawn from the community college leadership field and are highly skilled presidents, chancellors, and groundbreaking leaders. Institute faculty leverages their community college leadership expertise and field-based practical skills to create new knowledge and enduring concepts that shape the practice of community college leadership.
- When: June 24-26, 2024
- Where: Washington, D.C., The Royal Sonesta
- Register today! AACC Future Presidents Institute – June 2024
- Registration rates: $1700 for employees of AACC member colleges and $2000 for employees of non-member colleges. Fees include meals provided during the institution as well as supplies. All fees must be paid before the start of the program.
- Application materials:
- Current resume/CV (PDF)
- A letter of recommendation from your college CEO or a CEO that can attest to your experience (PDF)
- Professional headshot (at least 300dpi in one of the following formats: jpeg, jpg, tif, tiff, or gif).
The registration fee for the FPI is $1700 for employees of member colleges and $2000 for employees of non-member colleges. Fees include meals provided through the institute as well as supplies. All fees must be paid before the start of the program.
AACC Competencies for Community College Leaders and the real-world illustrations that AACC believes are imperative to assist leaders in progressing along the leadership continuum provide the framework for the FPI curriculum.
The Competencies focus areas are specific categories identified as having significance to the internal and external workings of the community college. The 9 focus areas are:
- Institutional and Cultural Awareness
- Governance, Local, State, and Federal Policy
- Student Success
- Institutional Transformation
- Fiscal Planning and Resource Development
- Partnerships and Collaboration
Cancellation Fee – A fee of $250 will be imposed for all canceled registrations.
Register today: AACC Future Presidents Institute – June 2024!
Note: If you are interested in the ATE Future Leaders Fellows program, please do not apply for AACC’s FLI/FPI through this page. The ATE Future Leaders Fellows program has its own application process and does not require that you apply separately to attend FLI/FPI. To learn more about the ATE Future Leaders Fellows program, see www.aacc.nche.edu/ATEFellows