Invest in You
A 3-day intensive program designed for senior leaders aspiring to the community college presidency.
The AACC Future Presidents Institute provides hands-on experience for senior leaders aspiring to the community college presidency. The association has gathered years of research from new CEOs about what they wish they had known before assuming the presidency.
The faculty for the institute is drawn from the community college leadership field and are highly skilled presidents, chancellors, and groundbreaking leaders. Institute faculty leverages their community college leadership expertise and field-based practical skills to create new knowledge and enduring concepts that shape the practice of community college leadership.
- When: September 10-12, 2023
- Where: opens in a new windowSheraton Denver Downtown
- Registration is now closed.
- Registration rates: $1700 for employees of AACC member colleges and $2000 for employees of non-member colleges. Fees include meals provided during the institution as well as supplies. All fees must be paid prior to the start of the program.
- Application materials:
- Current resume/CV (PDF)
- A letter of recommendation from your college CEO or a CEO that can attest to your experience (PDF)
- Professional headshot (at least 300dpi in one of the following formats: jpeg, jpg, tif, tiff, or gif).
The registration fee for the FPI is $1700 for employees of member colleges and $2000 for employees of non-member colleges. Fees include meals provided through the institute as well as supplies. All fees must be paid prior to the start of the program.
opens in a new windowAACC Competencies for Community College Leaders and the real-world illustrations that AACC believes are imperative to assist leaders in progressing along the leadership continuum provide the framework for the FPI curriculum.
The Competencies focus areas are specific categories identified as having significance to the internal and external workings of the community college. The 11 focus areas are:
- Organizational Culture
- Governance, Institutional Policy, and Legislation
- Student Success
- Institutional Leadership
- Institutional Infrastructure
- Information and Analytics
- Advocacy and Mobilizing/Motivating Others
- Fundraising and Relationship Cultivation
- Personal Traits and Abilities
Cancellation Fee – A fee of $250 will be imposed for all canceled registrations.