Invest in You
The AACC John E. Roueche Future Leaders Institute is a 4-day seminar designed for department chairs, deans, assistant/associate deans, or directors who look to advance into a senior leadership role. The Roueche- FLI will provide participants the opportunity to hone leadership skills in critical areas such as change management, strategic planning and budgeting, shared governance and accountability, and understanding the reward and challenges of senior-level administrative positions.
Topics addressed at the AACC Roueche FLI are:
- Advocating the Community College Mission
- Visioning with A Global Perspective
- Building Your Leadership Strengths
- Using Data, the Voluntary Framework and the Completion Agenda to Ensure Student Success
- Becoming an Entrepreneurial Leader
- Achieving Equity and Valuing Diversity
- Understanding Legal Issues
- Applying the Principles of Effective Leadership
- Moving Up the Career Ladder
AACC John E. Roueche Future Leaders Institute at WDI
January 29 and 30, 2019 / San Diego, CA
Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina
As part of AACC’s Leadership Suite, Roueche Future Leaders Institute (FLI) at AACC’s Workforce Development Institute (WDI) is designed for workforce and economic development and continuing education professionals who want to advance their careers. This 1 ½-day seminar offers participants the opportunity to engage in dialogue with experienced community college leaders and experts in workforce training and to develop a network of colleagues from around the country. The program includes practical lessons and scenarios, as well as an opportunity to connect with AACC board and staff executives.
- AACC Competencies for Community College Leaders and the real-world illustrations that AACC believes are imperative to assist leaders in progressing along the leadership continuum
- Leadership roles and pathways for the workforce and economic development and continuing education professional
- Ethical decisions for the classroom, conference room, and boardroom
- Entrepreneurial leadership strategies
- Methods of advocacy with policy and other decision-makers at local, state, and federal levels
- Building an effective team through support coalitions
- Connecting workforce and academics to increase student success
Who should attend?
Community college professionals looking to advance to the next level of leadership can benefit from the Roueche-FLI.