Invest in You
The AACC John E. Roueche Future Leaders Institute is a 3-day seminar designed for department chairs, deans, assistant/associate deans, or directors who look to advance into a senior leadership role. The Roueche – FLI will provide participants the opportunity to hone leadership skills and engage in a dialogue with experienced community college leaders and develop a network of colleagues from around the country.
When: October 5 -7, 2021
Where: The Madison, Washington, DC
Stay: The Madison, 1177 15th Street NW, Washington, DC 20005
Click here to make your hotel reservation online or call 1-800-774-1500 and use the code “AACC21”.
- Registration is now closed.
- Registration deadline: September 13, 2021, or until institute is full.
- Registration rates: $1700 for employees of AACC member colleges and $2000 for employees of non-member colleges. Fees include meals provided during the institution as well as supplies. All fees must be paid prior to the start of the program.
- Application materials:
- Current resume/CV (PDF)
- A letter of recommendation from your college CEO or your Vice President/Provost (PDF)
- Professional headshot (at least 300dpi in one of the following formats: jpeg, jpg,tif,tiff, or gif).
- Submit a scholarship application: John E. Roueche Future Leaders Institute Scholarship
AACC Competencies for Community College Leaders and the real-world illustrations that AACC believes are imperative to assist leaders in progressing along the leadership continuum will be covered at the Roueche – FLI.
- Embracing the Community College Mission
- Understanding Governance, Institutional Policy, and Legislation
- Supporting the Student Success Agenda
- Understanding Interpersonal Relationships, Personal Philosophy, and Management Skills
- Managing the Foundational Aspects of the Institution: Strategic Planning, Financial Management, Accreditation, and Technology
- Using Data for Decision-Making to Improve Student Success
- Advocating, Mobilizing, and Motivating Others to Support the Mission and Goals of the Community College
- Cultivating Relationships Across Sectors to Advance the Community College Agenda
- Taking on the Role of Community College Spokesperson
- Creating a Culture Around Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Building Your Leadership Strengths
The registration fee for the FLI is $1700 for employees of member colleges and $2000 for employees of non-member colleges. Fees include meals provided through the institute as well as institute materials. All fees must be paid prior to the start of the program.
John E. Roueche Future Leaders Institute Scholarship
The John E. Roueche Future Leaders Institute Scholarship is named in honor of Dr. John E. Roueche, a nationally recognized authority in community college education. Dr. Roueche has played an important role in shaping community college leadership over the last 40 years.
The John E. Roueche Legacy Fund will provide a $500 scholarship to support emerging leaders who have been accepted to participate in the Roueche-Future Leaders Institute but lack the financial resources to do so.
This is a one-time $500 scholarship to be applied toward the Roueche-FLI registration fee only. This scholarship is non-transferrable.
Registration is now closed.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.