Invest in You
The AACC John E. Roueche Future Leaders Institute is a 4-day seminar designed for department chairs, deans, assistant/associate deans, or directors who look to advance into a senior leadership role. The Roueche- FLI will provide participants the opportunity to hone leadership skills in critical areas such as change management, strategic planning and budgeting, shared governance and accountability, and understanding the reward and challenges of senior-level administrative positions.
Topics addressed at the AACC Roueche FLI are:
- Advocating the Community College Mission
- Visioning with A Global Perspective
- Building Your Leadership Strengths
- Using Data, the Voluntary Framework and the Completion Agenda to Ensure Student Success
- Becoming an Entrepreneurial Leader
- Achieving Equity and Valuing Diversity
- Understanding Legal Issues
- Applying the Principles of Effective Leadership
- Moving Up the Career Ladder
Learn more about the September event.
John E. Roueche Future Leaders Institute Scholarship
The John E. Roueche Future Leaders Institute Scholarship is named in honor of Dr. John E. Roueche, a nationally recognized authority in community college education. Dr. Roueche has played an important role in shaping community college leadership over the last 40 years.
The John E. Roueche Legacy Fund will provide a $500 scholarship to support emerging leaders who have been accepted to participate in the Roueche-Future Leaders Institute but lack the financial resources to do so.
In order to have a completed application package and be considered for the scholarship, applicants must:
- Apply to the AACC John E. Roueche Future Leaders Institute here.
- Apply for the scholarship here. You will be asked to provide a personal statement of financial need and an estimated budget for participating in the Institute.
This is a one-time $500 scholarship to be applied toward the Roueche-FLI registration fee only. This scholarship is non-transferrable.