The American Association of Community Colleges (AACC) is the primary advocacy organization for the nation’s community colleges. The association represents nearly 1,200 2-year, associate degree-granting institutions and more than 12 million students. AACC promotes community colleges through five strategic action areas: recognition and advocacy for community colleges; student access, learning, and success; community college leadership development; economic and workforce development; and global and intercultural education.
Watch our 2018 State of the Association.
Building a Nation of Learners by Advancing America’s
AACC strives to:
- Provide a national voice and advocacy for the community college mission.
- Serve as a national information resource.
- Create opportunities for peer networking and interaction at all levels, professional initiatives, dialogue, and community-building.
- Facilitate collaboration among AACC staff and stakeholders.
- Encourage a shared commitment to the community college movement.
- Offer leadership and career development opportunities.