The AACC Student Success Award recognizes a community college that has demonstrated, through evidence, a sustained commitment to and proactively advances the cause of student success at a community college. The deadline to submit this nomination form is November 30, 2018.
Criteria used to evaluate applications are as follows:
- Has developed a comprehensive, bold and strategic completion plan.
- Has achieved measurable and significant increases in:
- On-time degree completion
- Certificate completion
- Transfer from 2-year to 4-year institution(s)
- Has developed innovative programs that support student success in areas such as developmental education, student support services, K-12 partnerships/collaboration.
- Has substantially contributed to the integration of completion goals and principles across the institution.
- Suggests scalable promising practices to advance student success.
- Colleges led by current members of the AACC Board of Directors are not eligible to apply.
- Previous winners in this category are not eligible to apply.
- Award finalists in a previous year are eligible to apply in the same category for the subsequent year. However, the finalist must submit an enhanced application. Enhanced means that the applicant must show further improvement in student success outcomes.
General Guidelines and Nomination Instructions:
- All nominees must be a current AACC member college, and must pay membership fees for next year.
- Nomination form must be signed by the CEO of the nominating institution.
- Each award is given annually, and the honoree(s) will be recognized at the AACC Annual Convention.
- The nomination package must be transmitted ELECTRONICALLY via the nomination form below and include the following:
- Nomination form [submit this online, below].
- Minimum two letters of support, one signed by the nominating college CEO [submit via the online nomination form].
- Additional support materials (i.e. news coverage, fact sheet, descriptions) NOT TO exceed five (5) pages [submit via the online nomination form].
- 5 publication quality photos: (1) publication quality head shot of the CEO [300 dpi resolution or higher], (1) publication quality photo the college (signature buildings), and (2) photos of students in class [submit via the online nomination form].
Click here to apply.