AACC promotes partnerships between U.S. community colleges and institutions around the world to support the exchange of best practices, enhance mutual understanding between cultures, and expand opportunities for students to gain global competence and skills for the 21st Century.
AACC Affiliated Councils
- Community Colleges for International Development, Inc. (CCID) http://www.ccidinc.org/
- Community College Baccalaureate Association (CCBA) http://www.accbd.org/
Memoranda of Understanding
AACC has ten memoranda of understanding (MoUs) around the world on four continents and works with partnering education associations within the various countries, U.S. and foreign governments, and other public and private sector sponsors to support those efforts, which include:
- Facilitation of student and faculty mobility
- Sharing of innovative and promising practices
- Professional development of administrators and faculty
- Joint research projects
- Program and curriculum development
- Attending and presenting at conferences in each other’s countries
Also, AACC often collaborates with other U.S. higher education associations to advocate for, create, and/or disseminate information about new international opportunities for U.S. community colleges.