Wednesday, May 13, 2020 / 3-4:00 pm EDT
The Department of Education just released final regulations governing how institutions must respond to incidents of sexual harassment under Title IX. These rules will require most community colleges to significantly alter their Title IX grievance processes by August 14, barring any Congressional or legal interventions. In this webinar AACC government relations staff provided an overview of key aspects of these regulations with further insight added by a college CEO and two community college general counsels. Panelists also answered questions submitted by participants.
- David Baime, Senior VP of Government Relations and Policy Analysis, AACC
- Jim Hermes, Associate VP of Government Relations, AACC
- Thuy Thi Nguyen, President, Foothill College, CA
- Bill Mullowney, Vice President for Policy and General Counsel, Valencia College, FL
- Joseph Storch, Associate Counsel, The State University of New York