“Community College of Baltimore County (CCBC) is the largest provider of higher education in the Baltimore region. Serving nearly 63,000 students annually, CCBC takes pride in its more than 200 different degree, transfer pattern and certificate options. CCBC programs are diverse as well as exceptional, offering the largest Aviation Technology degree program in the Mid-Atlantic Region as well as being one of only two community colleges in the nation to hold a national accreditation in Theatre, Music, Dance and Visual Arts. Recognized as a “Best for Vets” college by Military Times and designated as a Leaders College in the Achieving the Dream National Network, CCBC is committed to helping all students reach their full potential.” – Sandra L. Kurtinitis, Ph.D.
Name: Community College of Baltimore County
President: Sandra L. Kurtinitis, Ph.D.
Board Chair: Stephen J. Nolan, Esq.
Type of college: Public
Campus setting: Suburb
Year established: 1957
Trustees webpage: http://www.ccbcmd.edu/About-CCBC/Our-Leadership/Board-of-Trustees.aspx
Student Characteristics Fall 2017
Total Enrollment: 19,349
African American: 37%
- Community College of Baltimore County (CCBC) is home to the largest Aviation Technology degree program in the Mid-Atlantic Region and is one of only 30 aviation colleges selected by the Federal Aviation Administration to train Air Traffic Controllers under the FAA Collegiate Training Initiative program.
- CCBC is consistently producing dramatic improvements in student success through its accelerated learning models for English, Reading and Mathematics. Through the college’s Accelerated Learning Programs students are moving more quickly through the developmental education pipeline and into college-level coursework.
- CCBC is among an elite group of two-year colleges to be ranked on Military Times’ Best for Vets: Colleges 2019 list, and is the only Maryland school among the 33 two-year colleges earning the title.
- The National Association of Schools of Dance recently granted accreditation to the college’s Dance program, making CCBC one of only two community colleges in the nation to hold national accreditation in all four Arts disciplines – Theatre, Music, Dance and Visual Arts.
- CCBC is the largest provider of undergraduate Nursing and Allied Health Care programing in Maryland offering more than 40 credit and noncredit Health Career programs.
- CCBC is nurturing entrepreneurial pursuits as a community college partner in the Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Business initiative – an entrepreneurship training program. Additionally the college was awarded more than $500,000 from the Phillip E. and Carole R. Ratcliff Foundation to support CCBC’s Center for Business Innovation.