“Lone Star College is committed to student success. To address the needs of our students and community, Lone Star College developed a strategic plan to make sure we meet our goals and objectives. This plan upholds our basic principles of having sound financial practices and a positive employee culture that produces high-quality academic and workforce programs. The LSC Strategic Plan also calls for developing and maintaining partnerships with local ISDs and civic, charitable, higher education and business organizations to promote student and community success.” — Stephen C. Head, Ph.D., Chancellor, Lone Star College
Name: Lone Star College System
Chancellor: Stephen C. Head, Ph.D.
Website: opens in a new windowhttp://lonestar.edu
Campus Setting: Large City, Suburban
Year Established: 1972
|2018 Fall Credit Enrollment
Total Enrollment: 89,150
- Lone Star College (LSC) is one of the fastest-growing community college systems in the nation.
- LSC ranks third nationally in conferring Associate Degrees among all community colleges and was recognized as a Top 10 Degree Producer for minorities ranking sixth nationally among all community colleges in the U.S.
- LSC was designated 2018 Great Colleges To Work For® by the Chronicle for Higher Education for the 2nd consecutive year.
- LSC is committed to student success and credential completion preparing students for careers in high-demand industries such as energy, manufacturing, computer technology, and healthcare.
- Not only great in size, LSC has a nearly $3 billion annual economic impact and is a major and growing contributor to the local economy.