“For more than 34 years, Gwinnett Technical College has served the workforce development and educational needs of Gwinnett County and, since January 2016, that of north Fulton County, as well. Gwinnett Tech, one of Georgia’s largest technical colleges, is committed to delivering relevant knowledge to meet the workforce training needs of its community. We offer more than 140 high-quality associate degree, diploma and certificate programs and hundreds of seminars, workshops and courses providing specialized training.” — Dr. D. Glen Cannon, President of Gwinnett Technical College
Name of College: Gwinnett Technical College
City and State: Lawrenceville, GA (main campus)
College president: Dr. D. Glen Cannon
Type of College: Public
Campus Setting: Large/Suburb
Year Established: 1984
Board Chair: Lativia Ray-Alston, PricewaterhouseCoopers
Governing Board Website: http://www.GwinnettTech.edu/about/board/new-board-of-directors/
2017 Fall credit enrollment (total enrollment, part-time, full-time) –
Part Time: 5,843
Full Time: 1,636
Student characteristics (gender, race/ethnicity) –
American Indian: 0.2%
Black/African American: 35%
Native Hawaiian/Other Pacific Islander: 0.1%
Two or More Races: 3.6%
Interesting facts about Gwinnett Technical College:
- As we approach spring semester January 2018, Gwinnett Technical College expects to reach its fourth consecutive semester of record-breaking enrollment! Part of this increase is attributed to the College opening its new 25-acre campus Alpharetta, Georgia, a metro Atlanta community with an exciting business environment with more than 900 information technology and healthcare.
- The College has just announced a new program, Launch Pointe set to debut in January 2018. Launch Pointe is focused on providing work-based internships, entrepreneurial training and development while connecting businesses with a skilled workforce.
- In 2016, Gwinnett Tech partnered with Mercedes-Benz USA to become the first technical college in the nation to offer students factory-level training leading to an associate’s degree, Mercedes-Benz College Automotive Program.
- For the 14th time since the program was introduced 17 years ago, Gwinnett Tech’s Veterinary Technology program attained a 100% pass rate on the Veterinary Technician National Exam.
- In 2017, Gwinnett Tech’s Surgical Technology program celebrated its eighth consecutive year with a 100% pass rate record on the Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) exam.