Update: Community College Spotlight is where AACC features member colleges, including general information such as college location, campus setting, and year established, as well as a few statistics on enrollments and race/ethnicity. It also includes a few interesting facts about college.
To leverage CC Spotlight to better serve our members in the current environment, AACC is replacing the “interesting facts” with promising practices at member colleges related to the pandemic. We’re looking for a wide array of topics, from delivering remote courses and providing emergency grants to students, to how colleges are using federal CARES Act funds and plans for re-opening campuses. Basically, if you have a practice that you think other colleges might be interested in, help CC Spotlight share it! Please remember to keep these to one- or two-sentence descriptions.
We also need the information and items listed below. Email opens in a new windowTina Henry-Barruscreate new email to be added to the spotlight calendar.
Community College Spotlight Required Information
Each profile will contain the following information based on opens in a new windowIPEDS data and AACC’s membership records:
- Name of college
- College president’s name
- Website address of the college
- Fall credit enrollment (total enrollment, part-time, full-time)*
- Student characteristics (gender, race/ethnicity)*
- Type of college (public/independent/tribal)
- Campus setting: Large City/Small City/Urban/Suburb/Rural
- Year established
*Note: Data on Fall credit enrollment and student characteristics of each school are derived from the most recent opens in a new windowIPEDS data available. This is done to keep the statistics consistent and uniform across all schools.
To supplement the information above, we request that each college send us the following materials for their profile. Please include written permission to publish the president’s photo, board photo, and school logo on the AACC website.
- A photo of your campus for our homepage (high-resolution JPEG or GIF)
- School logo (high-resolution JPEG or GIF)
- Headshot photo of your school president (high-resolution JPEG)
- Headshot photo of your Board Chair (high-resolution JPEG)
- Name of your school’s Board Chair
- URL Link to your school’s board of trustees webpage or site
- Quote from the president regarding how your college uniquely serves its community (please try to keep the quote between two and four sentences).
- Please provide two promising practices at your college related to the pandemic.