The Community College Spotlight offers member colleges an opportunity to have their institution featured on the home page of the AACC website. This is a free member benefit. Please only request a spotlight if your college is a member. Email Tina Henry-Barrus to be added to the spotlight calendar. Below is a list of content that we will need to spotlight your college.
Community College Spotlight Required Information
- Name of college
- College president’s name
- Website address of college
- Fall credit enrollment (total enrollment, part-time, full-time)*
- Student characteristics (gender, race/ethnicity)*
- Type of college (public/independent/tribal)
- Campus setting: Large City/Small City/Urban/Suburb/Rural
- Year established
*Note: Data on Fall credit enrollment and student characteristics of each school are derived from the most recent IPEDS data available. This is done to keep the statistics consistent and uniform across all schools.
To supplement the information above, we request that each college send us the following materials for their profile. Please include written permission to publish the president’s photo, board photo, and school logo on the AACC website.
- A photo of your campus for our homepage (high resolution JPEG or GIF)
- School logo (high resolution JPEG or GIF)
- Headshot photo of your school president (high resolution JPEG)
- Headshot photo of your Board Chair (high resolution JPEG)
- Name of your school’s Board Chair
- URL Link to your school’s board of trustees webpage or site
- Quote from the president regarding how your college uniquely serves its community (please try to keep the quote between two and four sentences).
- Three or four interesting facts about your college that you would like people to know (for example, perhaps your college has a well-known community service program; a community health center that serves the area; an art museum; hosts an annual festival that is recognized in the area). We are looking for information—from academic programs to community efforts—that highlights the uniqueness of your institution. Again, please keep these brief, with one or two sentence descriptions for each.