Recent Community College Daily Articles about ATE
- opens in a new windowGiving Back to MentorLinks (November 29, 2017)
- opens in a new windowPlanning Great New STEM Projects (November 29, 2017)
- opens in a new windowHopeful Signs Amid Skilled Technical Workforce Challenges (November 1, 2017)
- opens in a new windowTaking ATE Innovations to Scale (October 24, 2017)
- opens in a new windowPitching their passion projects (June 15, 2017)
- opens in a new windowPartnering for ‘new-collar’ job training (June 14, 2017)
- opens in a new windowPrepped for opportunities in the smallest of worlds (May 11, 2017)
- opens in a new windowBill would expand maritime workforce training (May 4, 2017)
- opens in a new windowHow a NASA grant fueled a group of female STEM students (April 12, 2017)
- opens in a new windowFormer Trucker’s Grit Leads to Biotech Career Success (April 10, 2017)
- opens in a new windowThe next generation of STEM innovators (April 10, 2017)
- opens in a new windowThe ins and outs of a STEM entrepreneur (April 6, 2017)
- opens in a new windowHack, counter hack (April 5, 2017)
- opens in a new windowFostering STEM connections for girls (March 21, 2017)
- opens in a new windowScouting and STEM (March 21, 2017)
- opens in a new windowHelping faculty tackle STEM tech ed issues (March 6, 2017)
- opens in a new window‘Reverse site visits’ are a powerful part of MentorLinks (February 27, 2017)
- opens in a new windowChanging the campus culture (February 21, 2017)
- opens in a new windowEncouraging experimentation (February 13, 2017)
- opens in a new windowThe challenge of a lifetime (February 10, 2017)
- opens in a new windowUsing the MentorLinks community to improve STEM programs (February 6, 2017)
opens in a new windowMentor-Connect is a leadership development and outreach initiative for the National Science Foundation Advanced Technological Education Program (ATE).
opens in a new windowATETV is an online video series with up-to-the-minute information connecting students with education and employment opportunities. Showcasing the best of the Advanced Technological Education program from community colleges and across the country, ATETV features a new episode every week and networking capabilities to connect ATE students and educators with prospective employers.
opens in a new windowATE Central is a free online portal and collection of materials and services that highlight the work of the Advanced Technological Education (ATE) projects and centers. These initiatives work with educators from two-year colleges to develop and implement ideas for improving the skills of technicians and the educators who teach them.
The Advanced Technological Education (ATE) program prepares technicians for high-technology careers. opens in a new windowATE centers serve as the program’s flagships and work on national and regional approaches to key issues in technology. ATE projects focus on particular technician education challenges. The strategies used by both centers and projects include educational resources, faculty enrichment, outreach and recruitment, industry involvement, and research.
opens in a new windowTeaching Technicians is an online portal for information about professional development for STEM technician education. Through the site, faculty development providers can connect with target audiences and share best practices and useful resources.