Please note that all Boot Camp attendees are responsible for making their own travel arrangements.
AACC will reimburse roundtrip travel expenses for each of the student team members and faculty-mentors up to a maximum of $1,200.* Travel expense report forms will be emailed to attendees with hotel confirmation numbers and will also be available on-site at the Boot Camp. Participants will be required to attach original travel receipts to the expense report form in order for AACC to issue a reimbursement check.
*NOTE: AACC will pay for participant hotel accommodations separately, so the maximum of $1,200 can be used to cover the cost of airfare and other reimbursable expenses as described below. If due to distance or other extenuating circumstances your travel requirements may exceed this amount, please contact AACC directly for assistance.
To make air travel arrangements, team members may contact AACC’s travel agent directly by Friday, May 11. Contact information for AACC’s travel agent will be sent to the teams via email, or you may contact Kate Lockard at Kate.Lockard@conferencedirect.com for that information. By using AACC’s travel agent, the cost of airfare will be directly charged to AACC. Alternatively, participants are welcome to book their own travel and submit expenses to AACC for reimbursement.
Please note that all air travel arrangements need to be booked at an economy-class fare by Friday, May 11. Excessive and high airfare costs caused by participants making last-minute airline reservations will not be covered by AACC, so please make your airline reservations by Friday, May 11 to help ensure the lowest fare.
For your reference, the closest airport to the hotel is the Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA), and The Alexandrian Hotel runs a complimentary airport shuttle to/from DCA. Other area airports include Baltimore-Washington (BWI) or Washington-Dulles (IAD).
Reimbursable expenses include airfare or train or bus fare,;a mileage allowance of $.0545 per mile if you drive instead of fly; taxi/shuttle or public transportation charges between the airport and hotel; baggage fees; and parking. AACC also will reimburse for meals not offered as part of the Boot Camp at the GSA rates for Alexandria, VA. Participants can claim $16 for breakfast, $17 for lunch, and $31 for dinner—if those meals are not offered at the event and are incurred as part of your travel.
Please note that AACC will not reimburse for rental cars on this trip, unless you drive rather than fly to Alexandria, VA, and get the expense approved by AACC prior to commencing travel. Travel expense report forms will be distributed before the meeting to claim reimbursements. All reimbursements will be distributed in accordance with AACC guidelines.
Provided below are ground transportation options from the Washington-metropolitan area airports to The Alexandrian Hotel. Please see the hotel website for a map and driving directions to the hotel.
From Reagan National Airport:
• Complimentary Airport Shuttle: The Alexandrian Hotel runs a complimentary airport shuttle to/from DCA. To request the airport shuttle, please call the hotel upon arrival at 703-549-6080. You can meet the hotel shuttle at the following airport locations: Terminal A—follow “Hotel Shuttle” signs; Terminal B—Door 5; and Terminal C—Stop #9.
• Taxi Service: One-way fares are approximately $25.
• Travel Time from Airport to Hotel: Depending on time of day and traffic conditions, it can take approximately 20–25 minutes to get to the hotel via cab or hotel shuttle.
• Taxi Service: One-way fares are approximately $70.
• Travel Time: Approximately 45 minutes depending on travel conditions.
From Baltimore Washington International Airport (BWI):
• Taxi Service: One-way fares are approximately $105.
• Travel Time: Approximately 65 minutes depending on travel conditions.
Knowing what meals will be provided at the Boot Camp may help you plan your trip. They are:
• Monday, June 11: Lunch
• Tuesday, June 12: Breakfast, Lunch
• Wednesday, June 13: Breakfast, Lunch, Light Evening Reception
• Thursday, June 14: Breakfast, Lunch, Light Evening Reception
If you have any questions concerning travel, please contact Kate Lockard at Kate.Lockard@conferencedirect.com or 202-416-4510.