Onboarding is perhaps the most important process to acclimate a new leader to the college and its community. If an onboarding process is effective, it functions as a well-planned and detailed handoff system for changing presidents, and builds a critical foundation for a new leader’s success. Good onboarding establishes clearly defined roles and responsibilities for the board of trustees and the new CEO.
AACC is pleased to offer a day-and-a-half program, “A Focus on Success for the First 365 days of the Presidency: An Onboarding Seminar.” The program is designed for new CEOs and the college’s board chair. Topics to be covered in the program include:
- Roles and Responsibilities of Trustees and the CEO in Successful Onboarding
- Models of Successful Onboarding and What Lessons can be Learned
- Characteristics of Successful Presidents
- What New Presidents Wish They Had Known Before Assuming the Presidency and Advice for the First 30, 60, 90, and 100 Days
- Measuring the Success of Your Onboarding Process
- Complementing Onboarding to Support a CEO’s Success