The AACC Faculty Innovation Award recognizes faculty of AACC member colleges who have demonstrated leadership in the development and implementation of a campus program that has had a positive impact on the learning experience for students. The outcome of this program should result in the improvement of student completion numbers within a course or a degree field. Nominees should demonstrate an ongoing commitment to student access and success. The deadline to submit this nomination form is November 30, 2018.
Criteria used to evaluate applications are as follows:
- Leads substantive and ongoing innovation in the classroom that promotes and supports student access and success.
- The initiative for which the faculty member is being nominated should be scalable and has resulted in improved completion numbers for the college.
- The innovation:
- Focuses on access and student success
- Shows a move from low rates of student success to high rates of student success
- Supports eradicating achievement gaps
- Is based on data
- Incorporates the use data analytics, educational diagnostics, and learning management systems to ensure that students are achieving mastery within the course or program.
- Colleges led by current members of the AACC Board of Directors are not eligible to apply.
- Previous winners in this category are not eligible to apply.
- Award finalists in a previous year are eligible to apply in the same category for the subsequent year. However, the finalist must submit an enhanced application. Enhanced means that the applicant must show further improvement in student outcomes.
General Guidelines and Nomination Instructions:
- All nominees must be a current AACC member college, and must pay membership fees for next year.
- Nomination form must be signed by the CEO of the nominating institution.
- Each award is given annually, and the honoree(s) will be recognized at the AACC Annual Convention.
- Nominating package must be transmitted ELECTRONICALLY via the nomination form below and include the following:
- Nomination form [submit this online, below].
- Minimum two letters of support, one signed by the nominating college CEO [submit via the online nomination form].
- Additional support materials (i.e. news coverage, fact sheet, descriptions) NOT TO exceed five (5) pages.
- 5 publication quality photos: (1) publication quality head shot of the faculty member [300 dpi resolution or higher], (4) publication quality photos the faculty member in class and/or interacting with students [submit via the online nomination form].
Click here to apply.