The AACC Exemplary CEO/Board Award recognizes a community college whose CEO/Board of Trustees collaboration and working relationship are exemplary in promoting effectiveness in community college governance. The deadline to submit this nomination form is November 30, 2018.
Criteria used to evaluate applications are as follows:
- Includes sustained and substantive professional development training/education for board members.
- Maintains annual CEO evaluation and a self-evaluation for board members.
- Demonstrates a progressive collaboration that promotes positive visibility for the college, economic and social vitality for the community, and ongoing commitment to success for students.
- Advocates for informed policies that advance community college(s) and their students at local, state, and national levels.
- Colleges led by current members of the AACC Board of Directors are not eligible to apply.
- Previous winners in this category are not eligible to apply.
- Award finalists in a previous year are eligible to apply in the same category for the subsequent year. However, the finalist must submit an enhanced application. Enhanced means that the applicant must show further strengthening of the relationship between the CEO and Board of Trustees.
General Guidelines and Nomination Instructions:
- All nominees must be a current AACC member college, and must pay membership fees for next year.
- Nomination form must be signed by the CEO of the nominating institution.
- Each award is given annually, and the honoree(s) will be recognized at the AACC Annual Convention.
- The nomination package must be transmitted ELECTRONICALLY via the nomination form below and include the following:
- Nomination form [submit this online, below].
- Minimum two letters of support, one signed by the nominating college CEO [submit via the online nomination form].
- Additional support materials (i.e. news coverage, fact sheet, descriptions) NOT TO exceed five (5) pages [submit via the online nomination form].
- 5 publication quality photos: (1) publication quality head shot of the CEO [300 dpi resolution or higher], (1) publication quality photo the college (signature buildings), and (2) photos of students in class [submit via the nomination form].
Click here to apply.