The AACC Advancing Diversity Award recognizes the college that has contributed significantly and over a sustained period of time to advancing diversity in community college leadership, the community, and within higher education as a whole. The deadline to submit this nomination form is November 30, 2018.
Criteria used to evaluate applications are as follows:
- Demonstrates an ongoing commitment with dedicated resources and measurable outcomes to increase diversity within the college and the greater community.
- Articulates in the college mission statement dedication to social equity for all students and personnel in terms of race, gender, age, physical ability, and sexual orientation.
- Sponsors programs to promote diverse leaders and engage diverse student populations.
- Reflects the diversity of its community and student population.
- Models innovative and progressive practices that support institutional equity.
- Maintains and advocates for policies that support diversity at local, state, and national levels.
- Colleges led by current members of the AACC Board of Directors are not eligible to apply.
- Previous winners in this category are not eligible to apply.
- Award finalists in a previous year are eligible to apply in the same category for the subsequent year. However, the finalist must submit an enhanced application. Enhanced means that the applicant must show further strengthening of the diversity and equity initiatives on the campus.
General Guidelines and Nomination Instructions:
- All nominees must be a current AACC member college, and must pay membership fees for next year.
- Nomination form must be signed by the CEO of the nominating institution.
- Each award is given annually, and the honoree(s) will be recognized at the AACC Annual Convention.
- The nomination package must be transmitted ELECTRONICALLY via the nomination form below and include the following:
- Nomination form [submit this online, below].
- Minimum two letters of support, one signed by the nominating college CEO [submit via the online nomination form].
- Additional support materials (i.e. news coverage, fact sheet, descriptions) NOT TO exceed five (5) pages [submit via the online nomination form].
- 5 publication quality photos [submit via the nomination form].
Click opens in a new windowhere to apply.