The AACC Student Success Award recognizes a community college that has demonstrated, through evidence, a sustained commitment to and proactively advances the cause of student success at a community college.
Criteria used to evaluate applications are as follows:
- Has developed a comprehensive, bold and strategic completion plan.
- Has achieved measurable and significant increases in:
- On-time degree completion
- Certificate completion
- Transfer from 2-year to 4-year institution(s)
- Has developed innovative programs that support student success in areas such as developmental education, student support services, K-12 partnerships/collaboration.
- Has substantially contributed to the integration of completion goals and principles across the institution.
- Suggests scalable promising practices to advance student success.
- Colleges led by current members of the AACC Board of Directors are not eligible to apply.
- Previous winners in this category are not eligible to apply.
- Award finalists in a previous year are eligible to apply in the same category for the subsequent year. However, the finalist must submit an enhanced application. Enhanced means that the applicant must show further improvement in student success outcomes.
General Guidelines and Nomination Instructions:
- All nominees must be a current AACC member college, and must pay membership fees for next year.
- Nomination form must be signed by the CEO of the nominating institution.
- Each award is given annually, and the honoree(s) will be recognized at the AACC Annual Convention.
- Nominating packages (excluding required photos) must be transmitted ELECTRONICALLY IN ONE PDF via the link provided at the bottom of this page to the Awards of Excellence Hightail Mailbox AND include the following:
- Nomination form [PDF].
- Minimum two letters of support, one signed by the nominating college CEO.
Additional support materials (i.e. news coverage, fact sheet, descriptions) NOT TO exceed five (5) pages.
- 5 publication quality photos: (1) publication quality head shot of the CEO [300 dpi resolution or higher], (1) publication quality photo the college (signature buildings), and (2) photos of students in class.
Upload to Hightail using the subject line “Awards of Excellence” here.