The AACC Outstanding College/Corporate Partnership Award honors local, regional and national collaboration between a college and corporate partner that has achieved demonstrable, multi-year success in advancing the mission of the institution(s), the economic prosperity of a community, region or the nation, and the learning excellence of students.
Criteria used to evaluate applications are as follows:
- Promotes partnerships between college(s) and business and industry that advance the economic prosperity of the community/region and the competitiveness of the workforce.
- Demonstrates long-standing and measurable outcomes in advancing student success.
- Is characterized by innovative on-campus and workplace opportunities that engage students and employers.
- Provides and leverages resources available to college(s) and students.
- Closes the American skills gap.
- Colleges led by current members of the AACC Board of Directors are not eligible to apply.
- Previous winners in this category are not eligible to apply.
- Award finalists in a previous year are eligible to apply in the same category for the subsequent year. However, the finalist must submit an enhanced application. Enhanced means that the applicant must show further strengthening of the relationship between the college and corporate partner.
General Guidelines and Nomination Instructions:
- All nominees must be a current AACC member college, and must pay membership fees for next year.
- Nomination form must be signed by the CEO of the nominating institution.
- Each award is given annually, and the honoree(s) will be recognized at the AACC Annual Convention.
- Nominating packages (excluding required photos) must be transmitted ELECTRONICALLY IN ONE PDF via the link provided at the bottom of this page to the Awards of Excellence Hightail Mailbox AND include the following:
- Nomination form [PDF].
- Minimum two letters of support, one signed by the nominating college CEO.
- Additional support materials (i.e. news coverage, fact sheet, descriptions) NOT TO exceed five (5) pages.
- 5 publication quality photos: (1) publication quality head shot of the CEO [300 dpi resolution or higher], (2) publication quality photos the college (signature buildings), and (3) photos the CEO or students with the business partner(s).
Upload to Hightail using subject line “Awards of Excellence” here.