The AACC Exemplary CEO/Board Award recognizes a community college whose CEO/Board of Trustees collaboration and working relationship are exemplary in promoting effectiveness in community college governance.
Criteria used to evaluate applications are as follows:
- Includes sustained and substantive professional development training/education for board members.
- Maintains annual CEO evaluation and a self-evaluation for board members.
- Demonstrates a progressive collaboration that promotes positive visibility for the college, economic and social vitality for the community, and ongoing commitment to success for students.
- Advocates for informed policies that advance community college(s) and their students at local, state, and national levels.
- Colleges led by current members of the AACC Board of Directors are not eligible to apply.
- Previous winners in this category are not eligible to apply.
- Award finalists in a previous year are eligible to apply in the same category for the subsequent year. However, the finalist must submit an enhanced application. Enhanced means that the applicant must show further strengthening of the relationship between the CEO and Board of Trustees.
General Guidelines and Nomination Instructions:
- All nominees must be a current AACC member college, and must pay membership fees for next year by December 31, 2016.
- Nomination form must be signed by the CEO of the nominating institution.
- Each award is given annually, and the honoree(s) will be recognized at the AACC Annual Convention.
- Nominating packages (excluding required photos) must be transmitted ELECTRONICALLY IN ONE PDF via the link provided at the bottom of this page to the Awards of Excellence Hightail Mailbox AND include the following:
- Nomination form [PDF].
- Minimum two letters of support, one signed by the nominating college CEO.
Additional support materials (i.e. news coverage, fact sheet, descriptions) NOT TO exceed five (5) pages.
- 5 publication quality photos: (1) publication quality head shot of the CEO [300 dpi resolution or higher], (1) publication quality photo the college (signature buildings), and (2) photos of students in class.
Upload to Hightail using the subject “Awards of Excellence” here