|Triton College Foundation|
|River Grove, IL|
The Triton College Foundation, established in 1981, provides scholarships to district residents and assists in raising funds for academic programs. The Foundation provides scholarships for programs in business, health, and technology as well as scholarships for books and equipment. The Foundation distributed over $100,000 in scholarships in academic year 2008-09. We are looking for a natural leader to serves as Executive Director of the Triton College Foundation.
Reporting to the President of the Foundation and in coordination with President of Triton College, the Executive Director provides overall leadership and staff support for all fundraising and other associated activities of the Foundation. In this high profile role, you will work closely with the Foundation Officers and Board to plan and implement high impact, successful fundraising efforts, and coordinate private fundraising activities with the college. You will also collaborate with the college administrators and staff to focus Foundation efforts on emerging and critical college needs. More specifically, the following are a few key responsibilities of the Executive Director:
- Provide leadership, coordination, and integration that guide the development of the Foundation goals, objectives and activities. To enable the Foundation to serve as the major support for college programs and activities and to maximize fundraising efforts that encourage community support.
- Develops key external relationships/partnerships with local entrepreneurs, businesses, foundations, high schools, and 4-year institutions and garners their support/participation in areas such as collaboration, advisory, mentor, speaker's bureau, and donor.
- Manage the Triton College Foundation operations, including development of appropriate fundraising strategies to meet college needs, recruitment and orientation of new board members, and the management and implementation of donor and prospect record keeping systems.
- Plan, coordinate, implement fundraising events, including planned and deferred giving, annual giving, direct mail, capital campaigns. This will include providing marketing leadership in print, web and social media.
- Direct and monitor the fiscal and programmatic aspects of the Foundation to ensure compliance.
- Plans and directs the Foundation Scholarship program. Generates funds for student scholarships and awards. Maintains a collaborative relationship with the Scholarship and Financial Aid Office, Stewards scholarship donors through regular contact with donors.
Qualified candidates will possess:
- Experience with grant writing and planned giving.
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field, MBA preferred.
- Minimum five years of experience in a business or educational setting. This includes experience in: leading projects/assignments with significant results achieved; successfully creating/building new initiatives, business, and/or programs; providing innovative marketing leadership; creating and delivering strategic/operational plans; planning and implementing business/project performance measures; profit and loss and/or fiscal management, highly developed analytical skills; a track record of success.
- Excellent Communication skills, including writing and delivering strong, clear, and concise written/oral reports.
- Demonstrated experience: with office technology such as various computer software programs, spreadsheets, database management and desktop publishing; and in cultivating and building strategic partnerships with various stakeholders, such as business/industry, community leaders, high schools, peer and 4-year institutions, foundations, and the community at large.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and successfully across all levels of an organization.
- Capable of successfully representing the Foundation internally and externally, and able to handle all situations with tact and diplomacy.
- Knowledge of Budgeting and Financial Skills.
- Pro-Active, self-directed, and able to prioritize assignments and meet deadlines.
Salary and benefit package commensurate with verifiable qualifications. To apply, interested applicants please email resumes to Attn: Human Resources at:
The Triton College Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and reserves the right to interview any current employees.
Contact E-mail Address
|1/30/2010 12:00 AM|