- May 20 – I met with Congressman Bradley Byrne to discuss several higher education issues (Washington, DC).
- May 15 – I provided a keynote presentation to CEOs, administrators, and staff of the Lone Star College System in The Woodlands, TX.
- May 14 – I was pleased to join by wife Dr. Aileen Bumphus in providing the commencement speech for Austin Community College.
- May 6-7 – I participated in the board meeting for the Community College Survey of Student Engagement in Austin, TX.
- May 5 – I attended a meeting of The Six on April 6 in Wasington, D.C.
- April 16–21 – I’m in San Antonio, Texas, for the AACC Annual Convention.
- April 13, 2015 – We were delighted to welcome Lauren Kielsmeier, Executive Director of Academic Engagement for the Homeland Security Academic Advisory Council to the AACC weekly executive leadership team meeting in Wasington, D.C.
- April 6, 2015 – I attended a meeting of The Six on April 6 in Wasington, D.C.
- March 30, 2015 – I provided a keynote speech via Skype to the Guilford Technical Community College President’s Leadership Seminar
- March 24, 2015 – I received the Outstanding Contribution to Higher Education Award from NASPA: Student Affairs Administrators in Higher Education (New Orleans, LA)
- March 19, 2015 – Attended the announcement of the 2015 Aspen Prize winner and participated in a White House Meeting on America’s College Promise. Joining me for this meeting were community college CEOs Doris Givens, Bryan Albrecht, and Dan Phelan
- March 17, 2015 – Provided a presentation to the Kentucky Community and Technical College System’s Leadership Academy
- March 16, 2015 – Introduced the Diverse: Issues in Higher Education 2015 John Hope Franklin Award winner Dr. Belle Wheelan
- March 12, 2015 – Participated in a meeting with Aspen Executive Director Josh Wyner, Aspen Senior Fellow Bob Templin, and AACC Senior Advisor to the President and CEO Kay McClenney to discuss Aspen’s leadership efforts
- March 12, 2015 – AACC staff and I met with Deputy Assistant Secretary Mark Mitsui to discuss several community college initiatives
- March 3, 2015 - Attended meetings of the Washington Higher Education Secretariat and The Six in Washington, DC, and participated in a panel on higher education and the 114th Congress for the Association of Private Sector Colleges and Universities (APSCU) for its annual Workforce Symposium/Hill Day
- February 24, 2015 - Met with Beverly Malone and she has agreed to provide a presentation to the AACC Board in April regarding nursing accreditation
- February 19, 2015 - Traveled to Baltimore, Maryland to the Achieving the Dream Conference to introduce Chancellor Francisco Rodriquez of the Los Angeles Community College District
- February 17, 2015 - Provided a keynote address on leadership at the University of Texas at Austin as a part of the Longhorn Center for Academic Excellence Distinguished Speaker Series
- February 9–12, 2015 - Participated in the National Legislative Summit in Washington, DC
- February 5, 2015 - I provided a presentation to the inaugural meeting of the Institutional Advisory Councils at Las Vegas’ four community colleges in Las Vegas, NV
- February 1, 2015 - Participated in the opening session of the National Summit on the Redesign of Developmental Education in Washington, DC
- January 28–30, 2015 - Attended the annual Workforce Development Institute in Newport Beach, CA
- January 18–19, 2015 - Participated in AACC’s High Performance Team Training in Washington, DC
- January 15, 2015 - Interviewed on C-SPAN regarding the America’s College Promise proposal in Washington, DC
- January 13, 2015 - I attended a meeting of The Six convened by the American Council of Education in Washington, DC
- January 7, 2015 - Traveled to North Carolina to provide presentations to the faculty, staff, and administrators of Davidson County and Rowan-Cabarrus Community Colleges
- November 25, 2014 - Provided a keynote presentation to the Alabama Association of Community Colleges annual meeting
- November 22, 2014 - Traveled to Rancho Mirage, California, to keynote at the Community College League of California’s Annual Convention
- November 21, 2014 - Traveled to Overland Park, Kansas, to provide a keynote presentation to the Community College Leadership Program led by Dr. Larry Ebbers
- November 19, 2014 - Joined the AACC staff for the association’s Long Service ceremony to honor employees that have been with the association for 5, 10, 15, and 20 or more
- November 12–14, 2014 - Convened and participated in the AACC Commission, Committee and Board Meetings
- November 11, 2014 - Provided a presentation to the Louisiana Leadership Academy via the web and later in the day I met with members of the AACC Corporate Council
- November 7, 2014 - Provided a keynote address to the participants of the 48th Annual Council for Resource Development Conference in Washington, DC, and I attended and provided comments during the inauguration of Carroll Community College President James Ball in Westminster, MD
- November 4, 2014 - Attended a meeting of The Six and the Secretariat in Washington, DC
- October 30, 2014 - Provided a keynote address to the Arizona Academic Administrators Association (AAAA)
- October 22–24, 2014 - Attended the 2014 ACCT Annual Congress, where I participated in two sessions on “The Leadership Imperative” and “Resources to Support 21st Century Leaders” in Chicago, IL
- October 21, 2014 - Provided a keynote address to the National Council for Student Development in Phoenix, AZ
- October 16, 2014 - Spoke before the NCBAA/Lakin Institute Leadership Programs in San Francisco, CA
- October 10, 2014 - Traveled to Midwest City to provide a keynote address to the Oklahoma Association of Community Colleges 47th Annual Conference in Midwest City, OK
- October 9, 2014 - Provided a keynote address to the Texas Community College Instructional Leaders (TCCIL) Conference in Austin, TX
Where's Walter Archive