November 10–13, I attended the AACC Fall Meeting in Washington, DC.
- I provided a keynote speech to the McCall Leadership Academy in Versailles, Kentucky, on November 5.
- On November 3, I traveled to Hollywood, Florida, to participate in a panel discussion as a part of the American Association Collegiate Registrars and Admission Officers (AACRAO) Strategic Enrollment Management Conference.
- On October 21, I participated in a Homeland Security Academic Advisory Council Meeting in Washington, DC.
I attended an ACT Board Meeting October 19–20 in Iowa City, Iowa.
- From October 12 – 16, I attended the Association of Community College Trustees’ Annual Congress in San Diego, CA.
On October 6, I attended a meeting of the Washington Higher Education Secretariat in DC where we received updates from Under Secretary Ted Mitchell and Senator Lamar Alexander on several legislative issues. I traveled to North Carolina on October 7 – 8 to provide a keynote address to the North Carolina Association of Community College Presidents.
- September 30 – I joined ACCT President and CEO Noah Brown for a Funder’s Briefing in New York hosted by the Ford Foundation. Also in attendance were representatives from the Jack Kent Cooke Foundation, USAFunds, Lumina Foundation, and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
- On September 28 – I had the pleasure of addressing a group of doctoral students from Iowa State University and the University of North Texas on the national agenda for community colleges.
- On September 21 – I welcomed attendees to AACC’s High Performance Team Training, which was hosted by Lone Star College in Houston, Texas. Later that day, I returned to Washington, DC to meet with the partner organizations for the AACC Structured Pathways project.
- September 16 – I attended a meeting of the America’s College Promise National Advisory Board at the White House (DC)
- September 14 – I traveled to Raleigh-Durham to provide a keynote speech to the National Search & Education Consulting 2015 Future Presidents Institute. Later that day I participated in a panel discussion before the same group.
- September 9 – I traveled to Illinois to attend President Obama’s announcement of the America’s College Promise campaign
- On August 13 – 14, I attended and provided a keynote address for Lansing Community College’s Higher Education & Leadership Symposium (MI).
- August 7 – I attended a convening of the Higher Education Reauthorization Task Force Meeting led by AACC Senior Vice President David Baime in Washington, DC.