The U.S. Department of Education announced on Sept. 30 the award of $3.95 million to support colleges and universities serving Asian Americans and Native American Pacific Islanders through the Asian American and Native American Pacific Islander-Serving Institutions Program. The program supports projects such as curriculum development, campus construction, lab equipment acquisition, tutoring, distance learning and Internet service enhancements.
Among the recipients are several community colleges.
Office Of Postsecondary Education Asian American and Native American Pacific Islander-Serving Institutions Program (CFDA 84.382B)
- American Samoa—Pago Pago—American Samoa Community College, $400,000
- Calif.—Cupertino—De Anza Community College, $399,951
- Calif.—Hayward—California State University, East Bay, $192,798
- Calif.—Sacramento—California State University, Sacramento, $282,593
- Calif.—San Jose—San Jose State University Foundation, $391,697
- Calif.—Santa Clara—Mission College, $400,000
- Calif.—Walnut—Mt. San Antonio College, $400,000
- Hawaii—Hilo—University of Hawaii at Hilo, $399,977
- Ill.—Chcago—University of Illinois, $396,002
- Palau—Mendalaii—Palau Community College, $290,377
- Wash.—Seattle—South Seattle Community College, $399,925
More information on the Asian American and Native American Pacific Islander-Serving Institutions Program.
Read the Department of Education press release.