AACC is pleased to announce the selection of eight new grantee colleges for its national initiative, Community Colleges Broadening Horizons through Service Learning. The following colleges will focus on service learning with either environmental education or new media strategies:
- Ashland Community and Technical College (Ky.),
- Cape Cod Community College (Mass.),
- Johnson County Community College (Kans.),
- Miami Dade College (Fla.),
- Milwaukee Area Technical College (Wis.),
- Northeast Wisconsin Technical College,
- Oakton Community College (Ill.), and
- University of Cincinnati–Clermont College (Ohio).
The colleges will participate in research on community impact and student retention and persistence and will be assisted by eight Horizons mentor colleges. The Horizons project is funded by the Learn and Serve America program of the Corporation for National and Community Service.
For more information, please contact Gail Robinson, Director of Service Learning, at firstname.lastname@example.org.