The AACC Student Success Award recognizes a community college that has demonstrated, through evidence, a sustained commitment to and proactively advanced the cause of student success at a community college or community colleges.
- Meets all General Guidelines of the AACC Awards Program.
- Has developed a comprehensive, bold and strategic completion plan.
- Has achieved measurable and significant increases in:
a.) On-time degree completion
b.) Certificate completion
c.) Transfer from 2-year to 4-year institution(s)
- Has developed innovative programs that support student success in areas such as developmental education, student support services, K-12 partnerships/collaboration.
- Has substantially contributed to the integration of completion goals and principles across the institution.
- Suggests scalable promising practices to advance student success.
General Guidelines and Nomination Instructions:
- All nominees must be employed by or, in the case of trustees, represent an AACC member college in good standing.
- Nomination form should be signed by the CEO of the nominating institution.
- Each award is given annually, and the honoree(s) will be recognized at the AACC Annual Convention.
- Nominating packages should be transmitted ELECTRONICALLY IN ONE PDF via the link provided at the bottom of this page to AACC's YouSendIt Mailbox AND include the following:
a.) Nomination form [PDF].
b.) A statement not to exceed 200 words establishing the rationale for why the nominated institution should be selected as the Exellence Award recipient.
c.) Minimum two letters of support, one signed by the nominating college CEO.
d.) Additional support materials (i.e. news coverage, fact sheet, descriptions) not to exceed five (5) pages.
e.) Photo release and model release forms [PDF].
-- AND --
f.) E-mail separately a publication quality head shot [300 dpi resolution or higher] of the college CEO to Dr. Angel Royal at email@example.com with the subject line "National Awards Program Nomination Photo."
Deadline for receipt of entries is Wednesday, October 31 ,2013. Finalists for the award will be notified in advance. Names of award winner(s) will be embargoed until announced at the AACC Convention.
IMPORTANT: Nominating package should be contained IN ONE PDF and the file name should be the NAME OF YOUR INSTITUTION. [Example: MontgomeryCollege.pdf] Also, please include "National Awards Program Nomination" in the subject line provided when you click on the link below to ensure proper delivery.