To help you prepare, please read through the following instructions. You will be asked to provide all of the following information if you wish to host a Business Meeting or Social Event at convention. Requests will be scheduled in the order received.
Description of a Business Meeting
A Board Meeting, Executive Committee Meeting, Membership Meeting, or other type of meeting. It can include beverages or food service, but it is not a reception or hospitality event. It is NOT an opportunity to make a presentation on a topic area. Requests will be honored in the order received, based on space availability. The limited times in which meetings may be scheduled are listed in the Preliminary Schedule of Events (PDF) under the heading, Preconvention Meetings. No meeting will be scheduled during Plenary, Focus or Spotlight Sessions, Forums, Roundtables, Focus Groups, the Luncheon, the Dinner or the Brunch. There is no charge for the meeting room. Approved events will receive information on ordering A/V and any food/beverages in late January.
Description of a Social Event
Either a reception or hospitality function. Social Event space may be requested by AACC members, exhibitors, or organizations whose interests relate to community colleges. Requests will be honored in the order received, based on space availability. The limited times in which Social Events may be scheduled are listed on the Preliminary Schedule of Events (PDF) under the heading Social Events. Please note starting times, which are not the same on each event date. There is no charge for the meeting room. Information on ordering A/V and any food/beverages will be mailed with approval notices in late January.
1. Key Contact Information: Name, job title, college/organization, complete address, phone/fax/email. The Key Contact is responsible for providing and managing all details related to the proposal, including collecting and providing all follow-up information, e.g., audiovisual equipment orders and corrections or changes to the program.
2. Internet Usage: Live Internet usage is seldom required for a Business Meeting or Social Event because most Internet site information can be presented in a demonstration format. Ordering and paying for an Internet connection is the responsibility of the requester. Internet connections can be ordered directly from the venue. If your request is scheduled, information on how to do this will be sent in January.
4. Title of Meeting or Social Event: Be ready to submit the title of your event exactly as you want it to appear in the program booklet. Include the name of a corporate sponsor here, if you have one. If you do not want the event to appear in the program booklet, check the appropriate box indicating that. Also, indicate if your event is open to all attendees, by ticket only, or by invitation only. (AACC reserves the right to edit titles.)
5. Audiovisual Equipment (A/V) Usage: List what equipment, if any, you plan to use in the session. This provides the planners with information to help them select the appropriate size room for your event. Ordering and paying for audiovisual equipment is the responsibility of the requester. A/V will be ordered directly from the A/V vendor. If your request is scheduled, information on how to do this will be sent in January. For security and other reasons, you may not bring your own A/V equipment.
6. Location of Event: There is no room rental charge for a meeting room assigned by AACC for your meeting or social event. If you are offering your event at a venue away from the headquarters hotel or the convention center, then please be prepared to give AACC the details of that event in case we receive questions about it from attendees on-site.
7. Preferred Date/Time: You will be asked to provide the preferred date and time of each event you are submitting. Please note that no Business Meeting or Social Event can be scheduled against major portions of the program including Plenary Sessions (opening, lunch, dinner and brunch), Focus Sessions, Spotlight Sessions, Forums, Roundtables, Focus Groups or other programmatic sessions that might be scheduled by AACC separately. Forums and Roundtables appear on the Schedule of Events as Concurrent Sessions.
8. Other Specific Details Needed: Be prepared to provide the following information for a meeting or a social event: approximate # expected; set-up of room (hollow square, conference style, cocktail rounds, etc.); type of food or beverages you might require (coffee service, breakfast or lunch, etc.); any additional items you might need in the room (table for materials, e.g.); type of microphone preferred (podium, hand-held, lavaliere, e.g.); need for a podium or not; number at head table, if any; and any other details you might require. If there are questions, please email them to: AACCCONVENTION@aacc.nche.edu and a meeting planner will get back to you.
** Click Here To Login And Submit Your Proposal **