This webinar took place on September 25, 2014 from 2-3:30 p.m. It was aimed at expanding the number and quality of employer-led workforce training initiatives in advanced manufacturing. Brought to you by the American Association of Community Colleges, the NIST Manufacturing Extension Partnership, and Siemens, Inc.
This national event highlighted one of the most innovative workforce models in the U.S.: a regional partnership between a consortium of colleges, a state manufacturing extension partnership, and the advanced manufacturing industry. The Massachusetts MACWIC has produced an industry-endorsed stackable credential model and a pipeline of talent for a range of manufacturing companies in need of skilled workers. The webinar highlighted the software design technology industry where Siemens Inc leaders announced future plans for partnering with community colleges and MEPs.
- Dale Allen, VP, Community Engagement, Quinsigamond Community College (MA)
- Bill Boswell, Senior Director, Partner Strategy, Siemens PLM
- Mark Troppe, Manager, Strategic Partnerships, NIST, Manufacturing Extension Partnership, US Department of Commerce
- Leslie Parady, Project Manager, MassMEP
- Todd Cohen, Director, Workforce Strategies, AACC