- Committee on Prospering in the Global Economy of the 21st Century: An Agenda for American Science and Technology and Committee on Science Engineering and Public Policy. 2007. Rising Above The Gathering Storm: Energizing and Employing America for a Brighter Economic Future. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press. http://www.nap.edu/
- Committee on Science and Mathematics Teacher Preparation. 2001. Educating Teachers of Science, Mathematics, and Technology: New Practices for the New Millennium. Washington, DC: National Academy Press. http://www.nap.edu/
- Committee on Securing America’s Leadership in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics. 2007. An American Imperative: Transforming the Recruitment, Retention, and Renewal of Our Nation’s Mathematics and Science Teaching Workforce. Washington, DC: Business-Higher Education Forum. http://www.bhef.com/.
- Coulter, Tricia, and Bruce Vandal. 2007. Issue Paper: Community Colleges and Teacher Preparation: Roles, Issues and Opportunities. Denver, CO: Education Commission of the States. http://www.ecs.org/clearinghouse/74/01/7401.pdf
- Patton, Madeline. 2005. Teaching by Choice: Community College Science and Mathematics Preparation of K-12 Teachers. Ed. Lynn Barnett and Faith San Felice. Washington, DC: Community College Press. http://www.aacc.nche.edu/teachingbychoice
- Patton, Madeline. 2006. Teaching by Choice: Cultivating Exemplary Community College STEM Faculty. Ed. Lynn Barnett and Faith San Felice. Washington, DC: Community College Press. http://www.aacc.nche.edu/teachingbychoice
- Peske, Heather G., and Kati Haycock. 2006. Teaching Inequality: How Poor and Minority Students are Shortchanged on Teacher Quality – A Report and Recommendations by the Education Trust. Washington, DC: The Education Trust. http://www2.edtrust.org/