Excelencia in Education is now accepting nominations for the 2012 Examples of Excelencia. This is the only national initiative to identify and promote programs and departments with significant evidence of improving educational achievement for Latino students in higher education.
We invite you to submit your online nomination of programs and departments making a positive difference for Latino students at the associate, baccalaureate, and graduate levels.
We are looking for the following characteristics:
- Record of achievement in graduating Latino students
- Evidence of effectiveness in serving Latino students
- Leadership with demonstrated commitment to accelerating Latino student achievement by measuring progress and implementing practices and policies to achieve the goal
- Strong networks with other stakeholders, including schools, colleges, clinics, and other community-based organizations, practitioners, and professionals
- Professional staff focused on addressing the needs of Latino students and all students
- Services and programs that integrate Latino culture and enhance Latino students' navigation between their homes, community, schools and their professions
Selected programs will receive a financial award of $5,000, recognition at special events, in media and online communication, inclusion in the 2012 edition of What Works for Latino Students in Higher Education and in the Growing What Works Database, which allows users to find promising practices accelerating Latino student success in higher education.
Nominations will be accepted online until April 16, 2012 at 5pm EST.
Make Your nominations today!
The 2012 Examples of Excelencia will be announced at the Celebración de Excelencia on October 2, 2012 in Washington, DC