At it's November Board of Directors meeting, AACC adopted a resolution that reaffirms its commitment to access and equity in higher education in light of the Brown decision.
** American Association of Community Colleges Resolution **
The following is a list of institutions or districts that have also adopted similar resolutions:
- Montgomery Community College District-Board of Trustees, Troy, NC. - January 14, 2004
- Pasco-Hernando Community College-District Board of Trustees, New Port Richie, FL. - January 20, 2004
- Minnesota State Colleges and Universities-Board of Trustees, St. Paul, MN. - January 22, 2004
- Howard College, Big Spring, TX. - January 26, 2004
- North Country Community College-Board of Trustees, Saranac Lake, NY. - January 27, 2004
- College of Lake County, Grayslake, IL. - January 27, 2004
- Quinsigamond Community College-Board of Trustees, Worcestor, MA. - January 28, 2004
- Bellevue Community College, Bellevue, WA - January 28, 2004
- Nash Community College, Rocky Mount, NC. - February 3, 2004
- Citrus College, Glendora, CA. - February 3, 2004
- Robeson Community College-Board of Trustees, Lumberton, NC. - February 9, 2004
- Hartnell Community College District, Salinas, CA. - February 14, 2004
- Southern West Virginia Community and Technical College-Board of Governors, Mount Gay, WV. - February 17, 2004
- Luzerne County Community College, PA. - February 17, 2004
- Danville Area Community College, Danville, IL - February 24, 2004
- North Idaho College, Coeur D'Alene, ID. - May 26, 2004
- Columbus State Community College, Columbus, OH. - May 27, 2004
- St. Louis Community College, St. Louis, MO.
- McLennan Community College, Waco, TX.
The following resolutions have the same intent, but are worded differently: