Conference Registration Deadline: September 27, 2012
Registration is primarily limited to the principal investigator, co-principal investigators, and team members of ATE-funded projects and centers. Additional attendees may register through association with an ATE project or center team.
ATE projects may register up to a maximum of five people to attend the conference. Each ATE project will receive two complimentary registrations. Projects may also bring up to three additional team members, each of whom must pay a $300 conference fee. For the purposes of this invitation, renewals or extensions of a previous grant count as only one project or center.
ATE Regional, Resource, and National Centers:
ATE centers may register up to a maximum of seven people to attend the conference. Each ATE center will receive two complimentary registrations. Centers may also bring up to five additional team members, each of whom must pay a $300 conference fee. For the purposes of this invitation, renewals or extensions of a previous grant count as only one project or center.
Multiple ATE Grants:
Please note that colleges or institutions with more than two ATE grants may register up to a maximum of 15 people to attend the conference. Multiple projects or centers will receive up to a maximum of five complimentary registrations. They may also bring up to ten additional team members, each of whom must pay a $300 conference fee.
ATE Projects and Centers in No-Cost Extensions:
ATE projects and centers in no-cost extensions may be invited to attend the event as space permits. Invited projects and centers in no-cost extensions can bring up to two people to attend the conference, each of whom must pay a $300 registration fee.
Conference Registration and Grant Numbers: To register for the conference either by paper form or online, you will need your ATE Grant Number. If your institution has more than one grant, please consult with your team members to determine who should register under which grant. AACC has coded a set amount of slots per grant in the online registration system so each participant must register with a grant number. For a list of grant numbers of projects and centers that are eligible to attend the conference, please click here. (List of active awards as of August 15, 2012). Please note that the grant number list is accurate as of the date of the document. As NSF awards new ATE grants, AACC will be in direct contact with new PIs regarding registration and conference information.
Online Registration Instructions:
To register for the conference online click here.
- Click on the link “Step 1: Log-In and Register for ATE Conference” From this page, you will be asked to log-in to AACC’s website.
- If you have logged into the AACC website previously, please enter your business email address and your password to access the site. PLEASE NOTE: If you are registering for another colleague, you must use their email address and password.
- If you have not previously logged into the AACC website, please go to the “New User” section and enter your business email address and hit “Validate.”
i. If your contact information is already in the AACC system, you will see a message alerting you that you are in the system. An email will automatically be sent to you with your log-in information to access the AACC website. If you do not receive an email containing your log-in information within one hour, please contact Linda Pierre at email@example.com or (202) 728-0200 x257.
ii. Once you receive this email, please go back to the above URL and enter your email address and password in the “Returning Users” section. (Please note that the default password should be your Last Name or your existing password if you already have an AACC web account.) You will be prompted to change your password when you re-enter the system. You may also update any of your contact information at that time.
- If your contact information is not already in the AACC system, please create a new record for yourself and assign yourself a password.
- After you have logged into the AACC website, you are ready to register for the meeting. If you are not immediately directed to the ATE Conference Registration page after completing the above steps, look for the box on the right corner of the profile screen to register for the ATE Conference.
- The next screen will ask you for your “Registration Code.” This code is your ATE grant number as sent to you in previous correspondence. All ATE conference participants will need their ATE grant numbers to register for the conference.
- Select if you are a “paid” or “comp” registration according to the registration guidelines (Projects receive 2 comps and 3 paid registrations/ Centers receive 2 comps and 5 paid registrations / Colleges or institutions with more than two ATE grants receive 5 comps and 10 paid registrations/ Invited projects in no-cost extensions receive 2 paid registrations).
- Select if you would like to register for any pre-conference events.
- To continue through the registration process, you will need to click the “Check Out” button.
- Upon Check Out, you will be required to answer a few questions related to your registration including whether you have any dietary or accessibility needs.
- Be sure to complete your registration by clicking “Process My Order” at the bottom of the screen. Even if you are a comp registration and did not sign up for a workshop, you still need to hit “Process My Order” to complete the registration process.
- Continue to move through registration until you come to the “Order Summary Screen” with an “Order Number” listed at the top. You are welcome to print that page for your records as confirmation of your registration. You should also receive an email confirming your registration.
To register for the conference by mail or by fax, please download the following form.
If your conference registration requires a payment, you may pay by VISA, MASTERCARD, AMERICAN EXPRESS, or check. Purchase Orders are not an acceptable form of payment.
If you are paying by check, please fill out the appropriate registration form. When returning your form to AACC, please email or fax a copy as well as mail a copy with your check to the following address. Due to potential delays in processing payments in the business office, it is helpful for us to receive a faxed or emailed copy to expedite your registration.
AACC: ATE PI Conference
PO Box 75263
Baltimore, MD 21275
The spouse of accompanying conference attendees may purchase an "Exhibit Hall Only" registration for $150. This registration includes entrance to the Exhibit Hall throughout the conference. It does not include entrance to general sessions. A conference badge is required for access to the exhibit hall. For more information contact Linda Pierre at (202) 728-0200 ext 257.
Substitutions and Cancellation Policy:
Please note that you are responsible for payment if you do not cancel and do not attend the conference. Participant substitutions can be made at any time by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Refunds minus a $25 cancellation fee will be issued after the conference for cancellations received in writing by Friday, October 12, 2012. No refunds will be issued for cancellations after October 12.
Complete Conference Packet:
To download the complete conference registration packet with information on registration, pre-conference workshops, showcase sessions, and student applications, please use the following link: