Wenatchee Valley College
DEAN OF LIBERAL ARTS, SCIENCES, AND ADULT BASIC SKILLS
Wenatchee campus. This is a full-time, exempt position expected to start as soon as possible. The position reports to the Wenatchee Valley College Vice President of Instruction.
Responsibilities: Under the direction of the vice president of instruction (chief academic officer), plan, organize, administer, develop and direct the day-to-day operations, programs, and activities including curriculum, catalog, schedule, enrollment management, “distance education,” and other special assignments. The dean of liberal arts and sciences and adult basic skills provides leadership for program development and works directly with faculty and staff to plan for activities within area of responsibility. This position is responsible for coordinating all related activities for the college and ensuring that the programs demonstrate sensitivity to the needs of a culturally, economically, and linguistically diverse student population.
- Master’s degree in a related field.
- Five years related experience demonstrating collaborative leadership.
- Strong management skills, the ability to manage or adapt to change, make difficult decisions, encourage conflict resolution, and ensure employee and department accountability.
- Successful college or university teaching experience.
- Commitment to the mission of a comprehensive community college.
- Understanding of, and commitment to, shared governance
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills and the ability to establish effective working relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Strong organizational, supervisory, analytical and decision-making skills.
Application process: Interested candidates must submit: 1) a written statement that specifically addresses how the applicant’s education, training and experience meet the minimum and preferred qualifications of the position; 2) a WVC application for employment (available on our website); 3) a current resume; 4) unofficial transcripts of all post-secondary education; and 5) the names, addresses and phone numbers of four individuals qualified to assess your work-related experience and your ability to perform the duties specified for this position.
For applications, qualifications, description and application procedure, see: http://www.wvc.edu/jobs or call: 509.682.6440 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Review of applications: will begin on December 1, 2011 and continue until the position is filled.
Salary and benefits: $85,000 annually. Benefits include a retirement plan, vacation and sick leave, medical and dental coverage, life insurance and long-term disability insurance.
Contact info: Wenatchee Valley College, Human Resources, 1300 Fifth Street Wenatchee, WA 98801 or 509.682.6440 or TDD 509.682.6837/509.682.6853 or e-mail: email@example.com. AA/EOE