Navarro College is seeking individuals who strive for service excellence, value, creativity, innovation, are looking for a joyful workplace, are respectful toward others, are team players, and have integrity. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, genetic information or any other legally protected status.
Interested applicants should submit the following to:
Ms. Marcy Ballew
Director of Human Resources
3200 West 7th Avenue
Corsicana, TX 75110
E-mail ALL of the following documents to email@example.com in PDF format as one file. When using the electronic version of the application please remember to use your computer’s “Save As” function to save the file to your computer BEFORE inputting any data.
- Letter of interest (i.e., cover letter, letter of intent, letter of application, etc.).
- Personal resume with the required Navarro College application that can be downloaded on this website; call (903) 875-7336 for additional information.
· Navarro College application. Include a minimum of three professional references with current telephone numbers and list them on the application. Letters of reference are not required.
· Transcripts from all colleges attended. We will accept legible transcript copies showing date degrees conferred with original application. Official transcripts required upon employment.
Please be advised:
· It is the sole responsibility of the applicant to ensure that all application materials are received by the deadline date, if date is provided.
· All materials included in your application packet (1) become Navarro College District property, (2) will not be returned, and (3) will be considered for this opening only.
· Interview travel costs will be assumed by the applicant (if warranted).
The Vice President of Academic Affairs provides leadership, guidance, and direction to the Navarro College district instructional program, on-line program, and other programs related to the instructional program. The Vice President of Academic Affairs is responsible for the development of the schedule of classes and college catalog and ensures that adequate staffing and facilities are available to offer a balanced instructional program within the college district.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Provides leadership, guidance, and direction in the areas of academic transfer, career and technical education, Continuing Education, Library Services, and the Navarro College South campus in Mexia.
· Assumes the role of Accreditation Officer for the college district and coordinates with the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) in addressing issues related to accreditation.
· Responsible for ensuring the preparation of reaffirmation of accreditation and fifth-year interim reports.
· Remains knowledgeable of and ensures compliance with Board of Trustees policies and procedures, Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board rules and regulations, and federal, state and local laws regulating higher education.
· Ensures that student enrollment and student contact hour goals established for the main campus and the Navarro College South campus are met.
· Directs instructional Deans, Director of Continuing Education, Director of the Media Integration Services program, and Director of Libraries in the development and implementation of quality education programs to accomplish the mission of the college in accordance with district policies and expectations.
· Keeps the District President apprised of all issues related to the instructional program.
· Maintains an effective organization through the proper selection and development of instructional personnel.
· Makes recommendations regarding the employment of instructional personnel.
· Promotes strong customer relations throughout the instructional program.
· Makes recommendations regarding changes and revisions to instructional policies and procedures.
· Provides recommendations related to the allocation of resources for the instructional program within the college district.
· Ensures the instructional programs at off-campus centers operate efficiently and are appropriately linked to the main campus in Corsicana.
· Evaluates instructional Deans, Director of Continuing Education, Director of Media Integration Services, Director of Libraries, and directs the performance evaluation of all instructional personnel.
· Serves as the college district representative on the Metroplex Higher Education Regional Council and the Central Texas Higher Education Regional Council.
· Prepares the Out of District Annual Plan of course offerings.
· Maintains the College District Educational Master Plan and updates the plan annually.
· Completes all assigned projects on a timely basis.
· Coordinates the planning of all Faculty and Adjunct Faculty Convocations.
· Serves as Chairperson of the Academic Council.
· Manages the committee structure of the institution.
· Coordinates the development of the schedule of classes and the college catalog.
· Performs other duties as may be assigned by the District President.
REQUIRED EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:
· A minimum of five (5) years administrative experience in a community college at the Dean level or equivalent.
· A minimum of three (3) years teaching, preferably in a community college.
· An earned Doctorate in Higher Education Administration or equivalent from an accredited college or university required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
· Strong leadership, management, and supervision skills.
· Understanding of the community college philosophy.
· Knowledge and understanding of Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board requirements.
· Knowledge of instructional designs including on-line instruction.
· Knowledge and understanding of accreditation requirements.
· Ability to work harmoniously with a Board of Trustees.
· Strong interpersonal relations skills.
· Strong decision-making skills.
· Strong communication skills.
· Commitment to professional development.
· Excellent skills in making judgments.
· Familiarity with and knowledge of on-line instruction delivery.
· Student centered philosophy.
· Team building skills.
· Commitment to customer service strategies.
DIRECTLY SUPERVISES THE FOLLOWING:
· Dean of Arts, Sciences, Humanities, and Kinesiology
· Dean of Professional, Technical, and Career Education
· Dean of Navarro College South in Mexia
· Director of Libraries
· Director of Media Integration Services
· Director of Continuing Education
· Executive Administrative Assistant
· Variances from regular working hours may be necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
· Busy working environment with numerous interruptions.
SALARY: $100,000 - $105,000 annually
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: Preferred start date of January 3, 2012. Position open until filled.
FRINGE BENEFITS: Navarro College participates in the State of Texas insurance program. Under the State of Texas insurance program, Navarro College, like all other Texas colleges, participates in a three-month (3) waiting period before an employee is eligible for medical benefits. Other health benefits are effectively immediately upon employment.
Navarro College also participates in the Texas Teacher Retirement System (TRS), and Optional Retirement Program (ORP). These benefits are available upon full-time employment. Full-time employees also have the option of joining the Navarro College Retirement Plan after one year of service. Full-time employees may apply for tuition and fee grants equal to Texas public institutional rates to pursue higher education at any level. Family members are eligible for tuition reduction at Navarro College.
NAVARRO COLLEGE DISTRICT EEO/ADA STATEMENT: Pursuant to Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and amendments and other laws, orders, and regulations governing discrimination, Navarro College is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, or genetic information. Navarro College will make reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities.