St. Louis Community College has an opening at our Forest Park Campus for an
Academic Dean – Humanities and Social Services.
· Developing, articulating and presenting the vision for the unit.
· Translating vision into strategic goals and advancing the College mission and strategic planning objectives.
· Leading and coordinating assessment activities to document and advance unit and College activities, initiatives and development.
· Assisting the Vice-President of Academic Affairs in providing curricular leadership in relation to college-wide goals by initiating, sustaining, delivering, or eliminating academic programs and core curricula in accordance with strategic planning goals.
· Supervising the department chair faculty and program coordinators in the construction of class schedules based on student needs.
· Managing all fiscal matters of unit within given budget limitations.
· Performing other job related duties as assigned.
· Master’s degree in a related area and over seven (7) years of relevant full-time experience at the equivalent of full professor in a higher education environment combining academic instruction and administration.
· Doctorate Degree
· Urban Community College Experience/Experience working with diverse student populations
To apply please visit our web-site at https://jobs.stlcc.edu/postings/1387