Barstow Community College District
Vice President of Academic Affairs
Responsible for the leadership, direction, supervision, and evaluation of academic and vocational programs, service learning, articulation, matriculation, career and transfer services, and developmental education programs and services. Responsibilities encompass all college sites, including the on-line program.
* Administer the District’s academic programs and services, articulation, matriculation, career and transfer services.
* Lead and monitor the District’s curriculum planning and development.
* Maintain a high profile with District communities, public and private schools and area colleges and universities for purposes of enhancing enrollment growth and the articulation of programs and services.
* Conduct program reviews to determine the demand for new credit programs, classes and services. Review existing offerings to insure relevance and currency.
* Supervise assigned staff and coordinate the delivery of programs, curriculum, classes and services.
* Establish and chair advisory groups for programs and services as necessary.
* Assist in the development of grant proposals to provide unique funding to the college from outside governmental and private agencies.
* Develop goals and strategies for accomplishing assigned responsibility; actively participate in college strategic and annual planning processes; develop personal professional development goals.
See job description for complete listing of duties and responsibilities.
* Organizational leadership, team building, management, staff development and communication techniques.
* Academic management.
* Vocational programs.
* Distance education delivery systems.
* Service learning program development and implementation.
* Budget development and implementation at a division level.
* Matriculation, transfer, career and occupational issues.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
A full-time, 12-month, administrative position which reports to the District President. Indexed to placement on the Administrative and Management Salary Schedule at the Vice President level. This position is subject to evening hours and weekends.
Prior to employment, the successful candidate will be required to provide proof of legal residence entitling them to work in the United Sates, consistent with the Immigration Act of 1986. Employment is also dependent upon a satisfactory fingerprint check and tuberculosis examination.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
* Masters Degree required, PHD preferred in an area appropriate to the responsibilities of the position.
* Minimum of three (3) years of successful academic management experience at a division level or higher.
* Formal education and/or training, in academic or organizational leadership.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
$96,991 - $129,979
Initial placement on the Administrative Salary Schedule will be commensurate with education and experience. The District provides an excellent health and welfare package which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance and income protection. Current cost to employee not to exceed $1,200 per year. Enrollment in the State Teachers Retirement System (STRS) is required.
Environment: Office environment with daily, staff-faculty interactions, subject to frequent interruptions; travel to off-campus locations.
Physical Abilities: Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer terminal; hearing and speaking to exchange information and make presentations; sitting for extended periods of time.
DEADLINE TO APPLY:
SECOND PAPER SCREENING WILL OCCUR August 12, 2011
The District is an equal opportunity employer. The policy of the District is to encourage applications from ethnic and racial minorities, women, persons with disabilities, and Vietnam-era veterans. No person shall be denied employment because of ethnicity or race, color, sex, age, religion, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, medical conditions, status as a Vietnam-era veteran, ancestry or political or organizational affiliation.
* Interested applicants must submit:
* Letter of Application to include, but not limited to, information on related knowledge and experience
* Completed District Application for Academic or Administrative Positions
* Unofficial copy of transcripts verifying educational degrees (official transcripts will be required upon offer of employment).
* A list of at least 3 references with contact information.
Above materials are to be submitted to the:
Human Resources Office, Barstow College,
2700 Barstow Road, Barstow, CA 92311
Contact Human Resources for an application and job description:
Telephone: 760/252-2411 Ext. 7232
All applications will be reviewed by a qualified screening committee. Applications will be evaluated, taking into account the breadth and depth of relevant education, experience, skills, knowledge and abilities. A select group of candidates will be invited for an oral interview. Meeting the minimum qualifications does not assure the candidate an interview. Final interviews will be conducted by District President.
Note: Any application, resume or other materials submitted for employment at Barstow Community College will become property of the District, and will not be returned to the applicant. Incomplete application packets will not be considered.
OBTAINING AN APPLICATION
An application can be printed from http://www.barstow.edu/Jobs/acadvp.asp to expedite the application process. You must have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your system to view or print an application. Please refer to the instructions below.
Click on the page icon to the left to download an application. Choose the save option, open the file in your word processor, fill out the application and send it as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may contact Human Resources to have an application and job description mailed to you.
Phone: (760) 252-2411
Fax: (760) 252-1875
TTY: (760) 252-6759