Supervisory Instructional Systems Specialist
Southwestern Indian Polytechnic Institute
Job Announcement Number: SIPI 11/07 (477899)
Salary Range: $68,809 - $89,450
Open Period: May 20, 2011 to June 17, 2011
Series & Grade: GS-1750-12
Southwestern Indian Polytechnic Institute is a National Indian Community College that prepares Native American students to be productive life-long learners as tribal members in an ever-changing global environment. As a land grant institution, SIPI partners with tribes, employers, and other organizations with a stake in Indian education. An enduring commitment to student success is the hallmark of SIPI's operations.
The incumbent contributes to the mission of the college by serving as the Supervisory Instructional Systems Specialist, Academic Support, Developmental Education & ABE/GED program at the Southwestern Indian Polytechnic Institute in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
· Plans work to be accomplished by subordinates, sets and adjust short-term priorities and prepares schedules.
· Balance workload and provides advice, guidance, and direction on a wide range of work and administrative issues.
· Selects or recommends selection of candidates for vacancies, promotions, details and reassignments.
· Establish, modifies and interprets performance standards.
· Holds employees responsible for satisfactory completion of work assignments.
· Supervise the planning, organization, implementation and evaluation of departmental education functions and processes, encompassing administration, academic, and student services.
· Implement and manage postsecondary education programs which result in meeting college's GPRA standards.
· Assist with development of departmental budget, perform grants management and reporting in compliance with established regulations, policies and procedures.
· Develop trimester schedule of classes for department and make instructional assignments according to prescribed teaching load.
· Serve on and leads committees; represents the department internally and externally.
· Uses research skills for creating reports, proposals, presentations and assisting with institutional strategic planning.
To view the full job announcement, qualifications or to apply online go to: http://jobview.usajobs.gov/GetJob.aspx?JobID=99488877&JobTitle=Supervisory+Instructional+Systems+Specialist%2c+GS-1750-12&q=SIPI&where=&brd=3876&vw=b&FedEmp=N&FedPub=Y&x=102&y=17&AVSDM=2011-05-20+00%3a03%3a00
Questions or additional information please contact Bernadine Fisherman at (505) 346-2329 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply online only at www.usajobs.gov
SIPI Website www.sipi.edu
BIE Jobs www.bie.edu/jobs