Vice President for Student Learning and Success
Full Time, Administrative Exempt Position
Cascadia Community College ranked No. 2 community college in the U.S. and co-located on a beautiful campus with the University of Washington, approximately 18 miles northeast of Seattle, is seeking an innovative, collaborative, and dynamic individual for the position of Vice President for Student Learning and Success. The college offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, life insurance, retirement plans and tuition fee waiver for classes. Faculty members also have access to an annual professional development fund. Visit the college web site for a complete list of benefits.
The Vice President for Student Learning and Success provides leadership, direction and supervision for all academic areas and student success programs and is responsible for leading the planning, development and implementation and performance of all instructional programming and student services for the college, consistent with the mission and goals of the college. The Vice President will, in collaboration with the Executive Team, lead the assessment of college-wide student learning and student success as well as institutional effectiveness and accreditation. Responsibilities include managing professional work; recommending, developing and managing multiple areas and budgets; and working with multiple departments to achieve strategic objectives. The incumbent will supervise several deans and support staff and will be involved in the College's overall strategy formation as well as external relations. This position reports directly to the President and serves on the Executive Team.
The successful applicant will have the following qualifications:
- A Doctorate degree
- Five years of experience in Higher Education administration with supervisory and budget responsibilities
- Experience with accreditation processes, including a strong working knowledge of outcomes assessment
- Teaching experience in an educational system
- Familiarity with comprehensive student services programs
- Experience in a unionized environment and with successful Collective Bargaining
- Higher education teaching experience and outcome-based assessments as faculty
- A strong record of advocacy for the needs of a diverse workforce and student body
- Demonstrated understanding and support of the mission of community colleges
- An appreciation and understanding of collaborative learning with an ability to advocate/foster a learning environment that promotes such values internally and to external stakeholders
Priority consideration will be given to applications received by Monday, June 13th, 2011 by Noon. The anticipated start date for this position is August 2011.
To view the complete position announcement, job description and how to apply, please visit http://www.cascadia.edu/about_cascadia/jobs/openings.aspx
For questions, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org