This position provides operational leadership for the Mansfield Library @ The University of Montana College of Technology-Missoula campuses and provides liaison responsibility to The University of Montana –Missoula Mansfield Library.
This is a tenure track library faculty position at the rank of Assistant Professor with a twelve month appointment.
Primary Functions of the Position
1. Manages the operation of the ML@COT to ensure optimum access to UM Libraries’ information and services for the faculty, staff and students located at the two UM COT-Missoula campuses. This includes representing and communicating the specific information and services needs of the COT to Mansfield Library Administration in a proactive manner. The position is responsible for the communication of policy, available services and creation of procedures.
2. Manages the collections to be located at the ML @COT including selection, space management for collections and participation in collection development planning overall for UM Libraries.
3. Works with the Mansfield administration in the planning for the ML@ COT facility to ensure the library is effective in its use of space, furnishings and equipment.
4. Provides or ensures the training and development of support staff and students assigned to the ML@COT.
5. Provides primary point of instruction for COT students on effective use of the UM Library collections, services and the methodology of conducting research.
6. Active member of the Mansfield Library leadership as well as appropriate COT curriculum and planning committees to ensure effective utilization of the library.
7. ALA-accredited masters degree in library or information science.
8. Excellent organizational skills, accuracy, and attention to detail.
9. Excellent interpersonal communication, presentation, organization, and time management skills.
10. Demonstrated skills in use of current technologies as they relate to library services.
11. Demonstrated ability to coordinate projects effectively, including organization, prioritization, and goal-setting.
12. Demonstrated ability to work individually and collaboratively in a team environment.
13. Demonstrated commitment to user-focused services.
14. Ability to manage multiple responsibilities in a rapidly changing environment.
15. Ability to meet standards for achieving tenure and promotion.
1. Academic library experience, preferably at a 2-year campus and/or community college.
2. Knowledge of the principles and practices of operational management in library setting.
Minimum Salary: $44,815
Desired Start Date: August 1, 2011 (negotiable)
Application review will begin on May 24, 2011 and continue until the position is filled.
To apply go to: https://university-montana-hr.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.jobinfo&jobid=77&company_id=16254&version=1&source=ONLINE&jobOwner=992274&aid=1
The University of Montana is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified minorities, Vietnam era veterans, and women. This material is available in an alternate format upon request. Qualified candidates may request veterans’ preference in accordance