South Orange County Community College District
Director of Student Health Center
Job Opening ID #4372/3837
Open Until Filled
Screening to begin Monday, May 16, 2011
PLEASE NOTE: In order to be considered for this opening, you must apply through the District website at https://jobs.socccd.edu
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the Vice President for Student Services or President’s designee, the Director of Student Health Center plans, develops, organizes, coordinates, implements, administers, directs and evaluates the programs, operations, activities and staff of the Student Health Center to ensure appropriate and adequate levels of a variety of healthcare services identified as the routine, chronic, urgent, and emergent healthcare issues of students, or emergency care of employees and visitors.
Prepares and administers annual program budgets and ensures compliance with District policies and applicable State and federal regulations related to healthcare; serves as the custodian of student health records.
Exercises functional and technical supervision over professional, technical and office personnel.
• An earned Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in nursing or closely related field.
• An earned doctorate from an accredited college or university is preferred.
• Minimum of five (5) years of increasingly responsible experience as a supervising registered nurse or manager of a healthcare facility, including at least two (2) years of experience supervising registered nurses and other staff.
• Evidence of a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, physically challenged, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
LICENSES OR OTHER REQUIREMENTS
• California Registered Nurse license.
• Current CPR, first aid and automatic external defibrillator certification issued by an authorized agency.
• Documentation of 3 hepatitis immunizations or immune titer.
• Documentation of TB skin test within previous year.
• Rubella titer or documentation of immunization.
• Valid California driver’s license.
COMPENSATION AND FRINGE BENEFITS
The Director is paid at Range I ($116,555—141,807) on the Administrative Salary Schedule. The District offers a comprehensive package of insurance benefits which includes medical and dental insurance, a vision-care plan, life insurance and dependent life coverage, accidental death and dismemberment coverage, a long-term disability income-protection plan, and a legal plan. All premiums are fully paid by the District. Administrators are provided 24 days of paid vacation leave per year.
To be considered a candidate for this position, the following materials must be submitted:
• A completed South Orange County Community College District application available at jobs.socccd.edu.
• A detailed résumé that summarizes educational preparation and professional experience for the position (attach to online application).
• A minimum of three current letters of recommendation from individuals familiar with the applicant’s professional abilities. Letters of recommendation must reference position #4372/3837.
• Academic transcripts (unofficial transcripts are acceptable at this time). Official transcripts will be required within three working days of employment.
Incomplete application packages will not be considered. All submitted materials become the property of the South Orange County Community College District, and will not be returned or copied, and will be considered for this position only. Applicant bears the sole responsibility for ensuring that the application package is complete when submitted. All application materials must reference the position #4372/3837. Applications for this position will be accepted until the position is filled; however, for guaranteed consideration, applicants are encouraged to submit completed applications and supporting documentation by 5:00 p.m. on Monday, May 16, 2011.
Online application, information and instructions are available on the District Job Opportunities website at: https://jobs.socccd.edu or call (949) 582-4850.
Inquiries and supporting materials should be addressed to:
Office of Human Resources
South Orange County Community College District
28000 Marguerite Parkway
Mission Viejo, CA 92692-3635
Application materials that are complete and received by the screening date will be reviewed by a hiring committee. Applications and required materials received after the screening date will be considered only if the recruiting period is extended. A limited number of applicants will be invited to the District for an initial interview. Possession of the minimum qualifications does not ensure an interview.
NOTICE TO ALL CANDIDATES FOR EMPLOYMENT: The Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, Public Law 99-603, requires that employers obtain documentation from every new employee which authorizes that individual to accept employment in this country.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER