PIMA COMMUNITY COLLEGE
invites applications for the position of:
An Equal Opportunity Employer
SALARY: Not Displayed
OPENING DATE: 02/15/11
CLOSING DATE: 03/22/11 05:00 PM
Pima Community College invites nominations and applications for the position of Campus President – Downtown Campus.
The Campus President serves as the Chief Executive Officer of one of the six college campuses and reports directly to the Chancellor of the College. Campus Presidents provide executive-level vision, academic leadership and direction for a college campus including instructional programs, student development and learning outcomes and administrative services. Campus leadership is expected in the areas of institutional effectiveness initiatives, building community support and partnership collaborations, long-range and strategic planning, student outcomes assessment, fiscal responsibility, facilities planning, fund-raising and program review. Presidents are expected to serve on local, state and national boards and commissions.
The Campus President is expected to provide leadership to advance the academic mission of the College and implement the instructional strategic objectives of the Campus and provide leadership within the community, as well as at state and national levels. The ideal candidate will be an accomplished educational leader with experience that demonstrates the ability to lead and manage a campus, including developing, recommending and implementing long- and short-range goals.
Tucson is a multicultural, southwestern city with more than 1 million people. It is renowned for its rich heritage and superb weather. The city, which is surrounded by four mountain ranges, is located in a desert valley in Southeastern Arizona at an elevation of 2,400 feet.
Pima Community College opens its doors to more than 75,000 credit and non-credit students each year. Six campuses offer university-transfer programs, as well as occupational, developmental, general education, corporate training and community education courses. Classes are offered at all campuses, four community-learning centers and approximately 180 other off-campus locations. Additional information may be found about the College at http://www.pima.edu/.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Major responsibilities include:
- Successful experience as a senior college administrator or comparable experience in another setting
- Demonstrated knowledge and leadership experience in fiscal management, strategic planning, curriculum and instruction, program development, student retention, enrollment management, facilities planning and community relations
- Experience in and sensitivity to the diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural, ethnic and disability backgrounds of community college students and the community at large
- Openness to change and new methods, a passion for continuous learning and self-improvement and a willingness to promote the College mission
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A collaborative, consultative and inclusive management style
Required Experience and Education:
- PhD in an academic discipline is preferred
- Master's degree in an academic discipline is required, plus
- Four years executive administrative and academic experience
The successful candidate will:
- Be an academic leader, a skilled and effective decision-maker and a person of known integrity, sound judgment and proven leadership ability
- Demonstrate the ability to manage a complex academic organization and to work effectively with colleagues throughout the College
- Have knowledge of fiscal management within higher education including establishing budgets and resource allocation
- Have experience with a broad range of disciplines and interdisciplinary programs
- Possess skills in evaluating employee capabilities
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Have experience with development and administration of grants within an institutional setting
- Possess teaching experience at the college and/or university level
DIRECTIONS FOR APPLYING AND OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled; for optimum consideration, please submit materials by 5:00 p.m. MST, Monday, March 22, 2011. Review of applications will take place as received.
Notice: Pima Community College must have receipt of a complete set of official transcripts demonstrating the degree(s) conferred by Monday, April 4, 2011.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please submit the following:
Application and materials are submitted at http://www.pima.edu/pimajobs/. Complete the online application by clicking on ‘APPLY.’ If you have not used the College’s online system before, you will be required to create an account.
To complete the entire electronic application and be considered, the following items must be attached to the application ("attachments" is one of the options on the application):
• A letter of intent, not to exceed four (4) pages, that outlines your qualifications, knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience as related to this position, as well as the strengths that would be brought to this assignment
• A complete and comprehensive résumé of educational and professional experiences and accomplishments that demonstrate how you meet the qualifications for this position
• Unofficial transcripts showing all academic work and conferred degrees
For additional information, please contact our search consultant: Angela Provart, President, Pauly Group, Inc.; 2921 Greenbriar Drive, Suite D; Springfield, Illinois 62704. Telephone: 217-241-5400. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Fax: 217-241-5401.
All applications will be considered confidential and references will not be contacted without the express permission of the candidate. Employment is contingent on approval by the College’s Board of Governors.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Applicant Recruiting Conducted by Pauly Group, Inc.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT:
OUR OFFICE IS LOCATED AT:
4905 E. Broadway Blvd. Bldg D. Suite 102
Tucson, AZ 85709
An Equal Opportunity Employer