An exciting leadership opportunity exists at a progressive, comprehensive technical college located in Orangeburg, a rural community between Columbia and Charleston, South Carolina. The college serves a diverse population of more than 100,000 in Orangeburg and Calhoun counties. The community features manufacturing industries, distribution centers, agriculture, call centers, and two accredited universities.
The Presidential Search Committee for Orangeburg-Calhoun Technical College in Orangeburg, S.C., one of sixteen colleges in the South Carolina Technical College System, invites applications and nominations for the position of President, the chief executive officer of the college. The college offers 75 programs leading to an associate degree, diploma, or certificate in the technical/occupational disciplines. The Associate in Arts and Associate in Science Degrees, transferable to baccalaureate programs, are also offered. The fall 2010 enrollment of the college is 3217, with an FTE enrollment of 2100. The college employs a full-time faculty and staff of 185 and is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
· Masters degree required; an earned doctorate is preferred
· Ten years of progressively responsible experiences in postsecondary education and/or senior level administration
The Orangeburg-Calhoun Technical College Area Commission is looking to replace our long-term retiring President with a visionary leader who has a proven record being:
· A successful leader and team builder able to work with and have the respect of faculty, staff, students, commissioners, foundation and community members
· Skillful in the operational areas of finance, budget development and administration
· Mission oriented with energy for success, creativity and problem solving
· Dedicated to a diverse student population by planning and implementing strategies that ensure the development and attainment of educational goals
· Instrumental in building partnerships with K12, university and other strategic private and governmental partners in the community
· A dynamic personality that is seen as the “face of the College” in the community
· Committed to the role of technical colleges in the development of a high skills workforce that will meet the needs of the community and region
· A successful fundraiser in both public and private sectors
Applications and nominations will be accepted until a suitable candidate is identified. Initial screening will commence on or around March 4, 2011. Persons interested in this leadership opportunity should submit a letter of application and current resume to:
Kandy N. Peacock
Vice President for Human Resources/Chief HR Officer
South Carolina Technical College System
111 Executive Center Drive
Columbia, SC 29210
Telephone: (803) 896-5352
Email Address: OCTCsearch@sctechsystem.edu
Please visit Orangeburg-Calhoun Technical College’s website at: http://www.octech.edu
An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
PURSUANT TO SECTION 41-1-110 OF THE CODE OF LAWS OF SC, AS AMENDED, THE LANGUAGE USED IN THIS DOCUMENT DOES NOT CREATE AN EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT BETWEEN THE EMPLOYEE AND THE AGENCY.