PRESIDENT, LOS ANGELES MISSION COLLEGE
LOS ANGELES COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT
The Board of Trustees invites applications and nominations for the position of President of Los Angeles Mission College. The Board is seeking a well qualified candidate to provide leadership and advocacy for the college, to be responsible and directly accountable for all college operations, and to be a member of the Chancellor’s cabinet.
- An earned doctorate from an accredited college or university is preferred. A master’s degree is required.
- Demonstrated full-time administrative experience in higher education.
- Teaching or non-classroom faculty experience is also preferred.
- A sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college faculty, staff, and students.
- A medical certificate indicating fitness to engage in administrative work is required for new employees at the applicant’s expense after selection and before employment.
The current salary range is $163,292 to $191,732 annually. Employee benefits include 15.5 paid holidays and 24 days paid vacation annually, generous medical/hospital, dental, and vision care plans and a $50,000 group life insurance policy.
FILING AN APPLICATION
A detailed announcement brochure will be available at <a href="http://apptrkr.com/167455">http://www.laccd.edu</a> after November 17, 2010.
To apply send:
- A letter of application, five pages or less, which provides examples from background and experience to demonstrate how your knowledge and expertise apply to the minimum qualifications and the responsibilities, demonstrated professional skills and competencies as described in the brochure;
- A current resume of professional experience, educational background, and other pertinent information;
- A list of eight references with business and home telephone numbers, including two supervisors, two subordinates (including one support staff member) two faculty, and two community members.
The Search Committee will begin reviewing applications after January 17, 2011; however late applications may be accepted until the position is filled. For additional information, contact LACCD Human Resources at (213)891-2281.
For confidential inquiries, contact Community College Search Services,
Dr. Al Fernandez: (805) 650-2546, fax (805) 650-8469, email@example.com
Dr. Jim Walker: (805)-279-0009, fax (818) 879-2122, firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Eva Conrad: (805) 660-1527, email@example.com
The LACCD is an Equal Opportunity Employer.