PIMA COMMUNITY COLLEGE
invites applications for the position of:
Executive Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs and Provost
An Equal Opportunity Employer
SALARY: Not Displayed
OPENING DATE: 10/29/10
CLOSING DATE: 12/15/10 05:00 PM
Pima Community College invites nominations and applications for the position of Executive Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs and Provost.
The Executive Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs and Provost is the chief academic officer and instructional leader for the College and, in the absence of the Chancellor, may serve as the chief executive officer. The position reports to the Chancellor and works closely with executive officers and the instructional leaders at the six campuses.
The Executive Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs and Provost is responsible for providing leadership in advancing the academic mission and implementing the instructional strategic objectives of the College. Responsibilities include:
- Promotes excellence in all aspects of academic programming
- Facilitates curriculum development and assessment of learning outcomes and proposes more efficient academic-related institutional operations
- Provides leadership and oversight of academic programs and services to include:
- Enrollment management
- Faculty standards
- Curriculum and articulation services
- Library services
- Admissions, records and registration
- Financial aid
- Provides leadership in the development, enhancement, and review of academic policies and programs
- Ensures that academic programs comply with governing rules and regulations and accreditation guidelines
- Oversees the allocation and management of resources for academic affairs and the allocation of faculty positions
The Executive Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs and Provost is expected to provide leadership within the community, as well as at the state and national level.
About Pima Community College:
Tucson is a multicultural, southwestern city with more than 1 million people. It is renowned for its rich heritage and superb weather. The city, which is surrounded by four mountain ranges, is located in a desert valley in Southeastern Arizona at an elevation of 2,400 feet.
Pima Community College opens its doors to more than 75,000 credit and non-credit students each year. Six campuses offer university-transfer programs, as well as occupational, developmental, general education, corporate training, and community education courses. Classes are offered at all campuses, four community-learning centers, and approximately 180 other off-campus locations. Additional information may be found about the College at http://www.pima.edu/.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Major responsibilities include:
- Providing overall academic leadership to the College
- Providing leadership in College planning, particularly in academic matters
- Providing overall leadership in the College’s enrollment management program and promoting it as an active college-wide process that establishes, implements and evaluates an overall plan for attracting and educating students from pre-enrollment through the attainment of their educational goals
- Aligning course programming with student needs
- Providing stewardship for the general education program and academic advising
- Forging partnerships with other educational institutions, community organizations and private/public entities
Required Experience and Education:
- Master's degree in an academic discipline
- Four years executive administrative and academic experience
- Doctorate degree is preferred
The successful candidate will:
- Be an academic leader, a skilled and effective decision-maker, and a person of known integrity, sound judgment, and proven leadership ability
- Demonstrate the ability to manage a complex academic organization and to work effectively with colleagues throughout the College
- Possess the ability to evaluate academic programs, assess learning outcomes, and lead the accreditation process
- Demonstrate commitment to the use of technology and information systems to support teaching and learning
- Have knowledge of fiscal management within higher education including establishing budgets and resource allocation
- Have experience with a broad range of disciplines and interdisciplinary programs
- Possess skills in evaluating employee capabilities
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Have experience with development and administration of grants within an institutional setting
- Possess teaching experience at the college and/or university level
DIRECTIONS FOR APPLYING AND OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled; for optimum consideration, please submit materials by 5:00 p.m. MST, Wednesday, December 15, 2010. Review of applications will take place as received.
Notice: Pima Community College must have receipt of a complete set of official transcripts demonstrating the degree(s) conferred by Friday, January 14, 2011.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please submit the following.
Application and materials are submitted at http://www.pima.edu/pimajobs/. Complete the online application by clicking on ‘APPLY.’ If you have not used the College’s online system before, you will be required to create an account.
To complete the entire electronic application and be considered, the following items must be attached to the application ("attachments" is one of the options on the application):
- A letter of intent, not to exceed four (4) pages, that outlines your qualifications, knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience as related to this position, as well as the strengths that would be brought to this assignment
- A complete and comprehensive résumé of educational and professional experiences and accomplishments that demonstrate how you meet the qualifications for this position
- Unofficial transcripts showing all academic work and conferred degrees
For additional information, please contact our search consultant: Angela Provart, President, Pauly Group, Inc.; 2921 Greenbriar Drive, Suite D; Springfield, Illinois 62704. Telephone: 217-241-5400. E-mail: email@example.com. Fax: 217-241-5401.
All applications will be considered confidential and references will not be contacted without the express permission of the candidate. Employment is contingent on approval by the College’s Board of Governors.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Applicant Recruiting Conducted by Pauly Group, Inc.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT:
OUR OFFICE IS LOCATED AT:
4905 E. Broadway Blvd. Bldg D. Suite 102
Tucson, AZ 85709
An Equal Opportunity Employer