The Benjamin Franklin Institute of Technology invites applications for the position of Dean of Academic Affairs. The Dean of Academic Affairs serves as the College’s chief academic officer and a member of the senior management team, providing leadership in support of the College’s mission through strategic planning, program development and evaluation, policy formulation and faculty development. This position reports to the President and oversees the academic department chairs.
The successful candidate will have:
· An earned master’s or doctorate degree with a minimum of four years in academic affairs at a department chair level or higher
· Demonstrated excellence in teaching preferably at a community or technical college
· Proven supervisory experience within an academic environment with leadership in the development of academic programs
· Strong analytical, organizational, and communication skills, both written and verbal
The preferred candidate will:
· Have an understanding of the needs of a student population with diverse cultural, academic and socio-economic backgrounds
· Have an in-depth understanding of, or background in technical education
· Embody an administrative style that is collegial and energetic
· Model a willingness and ability to work cooperatively with diverse constituencies both within and outside the college
· Understand higher education funding streams, including familiarity with grants
· Be experienced in developing and implementing new programs, and be familiar with accrediting boards and agencies
· Understand informational and educational technology systems as they apply to instructional, administrative, and student needs
Benjamin Franklin Institute of Technology was created by a bequest from Benjamin Franklin to the inhabitants of the Towne of Boston to realize his vision to create “good apprentices [who] are likely to make good citizens.” Its doors opened in 1908 at its current site in Boston’s historic South End neighborhood. The College has since evolved to include a contemporary curriculum that reflects rapidly changing technology and industry demands. The college currently enrolls approximately 600 students in its Associate degrees, Bachelor degree and certificate programs. Students are educated by 70 dedicated, full and part-time faculty members and supported by 30 committed staff members.
Type of Appointment:
Full-time twelve-month professional appointment. Salary commensurate with the education and experience of the applicant. Salary range: $90-105,000 with a competitive benefits package.
Applicants should submit a letter of application, curriculum vitae, and the names, addresses, telephone numbers, and email addresses of four references. Review of applications will begin immediately with priority to those received by 11/25/2010. All applications should be sent via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference job code:BFIT
For further information and a complete job description please see our webpage at: http://www.bfit.edu/About-Us/Careers-at-BFIT/default.aspx
BFIT is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and encourages applications from women and minorities.