|DIRECTOR OF STUDENT ACTIVITIES |
|Grossmont/Cuyamaca Community College District|
|El Cajon, CA |
Grossmont/Cuyamaca Community College District
DIRECTOR OF STUDENT ACTIVITIES
Posting Number: 10-00007
Date Job Commences: January 2011
Position Type: Management
Department: G - Student Affairs
Months: 12 Month
Pay Grade Level: M-6
Starting Pay Rate: $76,712 - $79,781
Work Hours: 12:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Friday
Required Applicant Documents:
2. Cover Letter
3. Transcript 1
4. Special Instructions to Applicants:
Closing Date: 10-28-2010
Under the direction of the Associate Dean of Student Affairs, plan, organize, manage, and assist with student activities, clubs and organizations, evening administrative responsibility, judicial affairs and supervision of some classified staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with the advising of ASGC.
- Assist in the selection, training, and supervision of information table workers during orientation.
- Program development and implementation.
- Advise ICC (Inter Club Council) during bi-weekly meetings.
- Assist in coordination of the Grossmont College Commencement Ceremony.
- Assist with judicial affairs or student grievance cases assigned by the Associate Dean of Student Affairs.
- Serve as a consultant for, faculty advisors to clubs, student organizations, and other campus departments seeking support in general event planning.
- Evening administrative responsibilities including liaison with Campus Public Safety where needed for discipline, function as the "evening administrator" for the campus, assist with medical emergencies, ensure that students are alerted to evening faculty absences, maintain current contact list of other administrators, coordinate evening coverage when absent.
- Advise the Inter-Club Council (ICC) attend weekly meetings, coordinate student programming related to clubs and organizations, plan an annual calendar of events and activities to enhance the quality of student life at Grossmont College.
- Attend conferences with students when required.
- Assist with the planning & coordination of annual student leadership retreats.
- Plan and coordinate information tables during orientation.
- Assist with student awards ceremonies.
- Assist with the College Commencement.
- Experience working with college students
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience with conflict resolution
- Experience in working with faculty and staff in a community college setting
- Implementation of leadership programs
- Organizational models
- Non-residential, California Community College or other segment of higher education
- Student development theory as related to Student Affairs
- Parliamentary Procedure
- California Education Code
- Due Process for students related to judicial affairs
General Employment Information:
Information provided by the applicant, other than that requested for statistical purposes by the Employment Services Office, which indicates candidate's gender, age, ethnicity, religious preference, etc. will be removed from the application. All submitted materials become District property and cannot be returned.
BENEFITS: The Grossmont-Cuyamaca Community College District provides an excellent comprehensive benefits program including medical, prescription drugs, vision care, dental, life and income protection insurance, and membership in the Public Employees Retirement System (PERS) or the State Teachers' Retirement System (STRS).
Under Federal Law, employers are required to verify that all new employees are eligible for employment in the United States. Prior to appointment to a position, you must present acceptable proof of your identity and permanent authorization to work in the United States.
NOTE: Offers of employment are contingent upon successful fingerprint clearance. A $32.00 processing fee plus Live Scan fee will be required.
Candidates invited for interview who must travel distances greater than 250 miles (one-way) outside San Diego County will be reimbursed up to $200 for travel or airfare only.
Applicants who are protected under the Americans with Disabilities Act due to a disability and who require accommodations for completing the application process or interviewing, please notify the District Employment Services Department. Phone (619) 644-7637, Telecommunications Device for the Deaf (TDD) (619) 644-7900.
For more information and to apply, visit:
GCCCD is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Title IX employer.
Contact E-mail Address
|9/30/2010 12:00 AM|