Foothill-De Anza Community College District
ANNOUNCEMENT OF EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
De Anza College
Dean, Counseling and Matriculation
Closing Date: 10/29/10
The Foothill-De Anza Community College District is currently accepting applications for the management position of Dean, Counseling and Matriculation, De Anza College.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION INCLUDE:
Reporting to the Vice President of Student Services, provide vision and organizational leadership for the Counseling Division. Plan, develop, administer, and evaluate counseling, transfer, career, re-entry, health service and international student programs. Organize and oversee the matriculation process. Provide coordination of crisis intervention counseling and consultation services to the college community. Participate in the development and implementation of policies and procedures. Supervise, coordinate, and evaluate a diverse staff of faculty and classified employees. Coordinate the Counseling Center services and activities. Direct existing curriculum (career/life planning, counseling, and human development courses) and the development of new curriculum. Review programs and services to ensure that they are consistent with the College’s goals and to ensure diverse ethnic, cultural and gender perspectives are addressed. Collaborate with other administrators, supervisors, and instructional faculty to develop and coordinate programs and services across the campus and curriculum to meet the needs of a diverse student population. Oversee the counseling and advising of all students. Monitor and follow-up with targeted at-risk students. Develop and oversee operations, systems and details including work schedules, staff assignments, coordination of day and evening services and schedule of counseling related classes. Administer annual budget. Participate in college-wide and student services planning initiatives and activities. Cultivate relationships with local high school districts and other relevant community agencies. Support, implement, and promote compliance with the District’s Diversity and Equal Opportunity Plan in all aspects of employment and education; encourage cultural and ethnic diversity in staffing, curriculum, programs, and services.
- Understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, cultural, disability, religious background and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
- Master’s degree in counseling or related field.
- One year of administrative experience, formal training, internship or leadership in any related field.
- Progressively responsible administrative experience in student services.
- Successful experience as a counselor working with academically, socio-economically and culturally diverse populations, and students with psychological, physical, and learning disabilities.
- Knowledge of student services programs and strategies to promote retention and student success.
- Knowledge of budget development, personnel selection and program evaluation.
- Knowledge of curriculum development.
- Knowledge of legal and ethical standards of the counseling profession in the community college setting.
- Ability to use a computer and software such as Word, Word Perfect, and other technological communication tools.
- Ability to demonstrate motivational and mediation skills.
In addition, successful candidates will demonstrate the following knowledge and abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, including complex proposals and presentations.
- Ability to supervise and/or manage a complex student services program serving a diverse student population.
- Ability to lead, advocate and network in the interest of the Counseling Division.
- Ability to demonstrate strong supervisory skills.
- Ability to demonstrate skills in management leadership.
- A District application to be completed at http://www.fhdajobs.net *In the application, you will provide information, which demonstrates your understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
- A cover letter detailing your qualifications, skills and abilities as they relate to the position.
- A current resume of all work experience, formal education and training.
- All college transcripts scanned into Word or PDF format.
We do not accept JPEG or other file formats for transcripts. Both Foothill De Anza CCD employees and external candidates must submit transcripts.
If any required application materials are omitted, the committee will not review your application materials.
Application materials not required for this position will not be accepted.
Salary Range: $112,342.68- $123,854.16
Full Salary Range: $112,342.68- $143,520.84
Annual salary plus benefits; and is based on applicant’s verified education and experience.
Excellent benefits package which includes medical coverage for employee and eligible dependents, dental, vision care, employee assistance program, long-term disability, retirement benefits and basic life insurance.
For information on our benefits package that includes medical for employees and dependents, visit our web site: http://hr.fhda.edu/benefits
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Full-time, Permanent, 12 months per year.
STARTING DATE: As soon as possible upon completion of the search process.
Persons with disabilities who require reasonable accommodation to complete the employment process must notify Employment Services no later than the closing date of the announcement.
The successful applicant will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the U.S.
The Foothill-De Anza Community College District does not reimburse applicants for travel, lodging or any other costs incurred by applicant to attend interviews. All interviewing costs incurred will be the responsibility of the applicant.
To apply, please visit: http://www.fhdajobs.net/applicants/Central?quickFind=179207
For more information about our application process contact:
Foothill-De Anza Community College District
12345 El Monte Road
Los Altos Hills, California 94022
*This position will become Open Until Filled after the initial Closing Date. Any complete applications received while the position is Open Until Filled will be reviewed by the hiring committee only upon committee request.