The Senior Vice President Enrollment & Student Services of Fairmont State University and Pierpont Community & Technical College is the chief enrollment management and student affairs officer for both the college and the university and reports to the President of Fairmont State University.
Provides leadership, vision, and administrative supervision for operations that include: financial aid, recruitment and admissions, registration and records, student services including student life, programs and activities, and student retention.
Participates in the formulation and success of institutional enrollment goals; leads enrollment, student services and retention initiatives that engage the entire college and university communities and partners with others; and supports enrollment and student service programming at off-campus locations.
Provides vision, inspiration and strong leadership skills through sophisticated strategies with innovative ideas. Working with the Presidents, the Provost, and the Vice President for Student Affairs, communications and marketing staff, and other office and resources, the Senior VP will shape the development and maintenance of a comprehensive enrollment management plan that stretches from recruitment to graduation designed to advance the Presidents' vision for a student-centered learning environment. To achieve this vision, must bring a holistic approach to student recruitment, enrollment, support and success, including the coordination of intentional links between formal academic learning and student life experiences.
Serves as a catalyst for college and university efforts to facilitate and improve services to potential and current students by collaborating with administrators, deans, faculty, IT, IR, and counselors and community resources to facilitate and improve services.
Elements for success include a combination of the following:
- Demonstrated success in fostering a culture of evidence supporting data-driven decision making, and reliance on best practices in the realms of recruitment, enrollment, student services and retention management.
- Success in developing strategic plans and strategic teams that partner enrollment services, student services, student development, academic affairs, and institutional research to support student success, retention, and graduation.
- Sophisticated knowledge of assessment and evaluation tools to implement continuous quality improvement practices in student access and success services, and across the campuses.
- Demonstrated success in designing and implementing enrollment and graduation of target populations including traditional and adult non-traditional students, minority students, international students, off campus students, and students using electronic access.
- Supervise the development and management of budgets.
- Experience in enrollment and people-management.
- Participant in national student affairs and enrollment management organizations.
- Background in recruitment, admissions, registration, student services and/or retention initiatives and a record of developing programs and policies that enhance quality of student life providing essential institutional support services that enable students to accomplish their educational objectives.
- Demonstrated understanding of integrated marketing principles, recruitment and admissions processes, related technologies, including Banner (or similar student information system), financial aid leveraging, registration, corporate outreach, CRM and contact management, advertising and publication.