QUALIFICATIONS: Minimum qualifications include a master’s degree from a regionally-accredited institution with at least 18 graduate semester in-field hours. Experience teaching at the community college level is preferred. Experience with student engagement and/or civic engagement is also preferred.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
This faculty position is a full-time, tenure-track position for nine months annually. Summer employment is dependent upon student enrollment and availability of funds. Specific duties include, but are not limited to,
1. Assume personal responsibility for instruction in all
2. Post each semester the teaching load on the College’s
Microsoft Outlook calendar and observe the schedule of
3. Assist in the preparation/selection of departmental course
syllabi (including learning outcomes), goals,
textbooks/materials, grade distributions, and other
4. Serve as academic advisor for students as assigned.
5. Maintain appropriate work hours as outlined in State and
6. Participate in the College’s planning process.
7. Actively participate in the College’s Learning College
8. Serve on Institutional committees.
9. Adhere to all policies and procedures set forth by the
10. Master software as needed in order to enhance
11. Maintain currency of professional knowledge and skills
through professional development and continuing
12. Utilize instructional technology in the instructional process.
13. Develop and deliver web-based instruction.
14. Support the mission, philosophy, and goals of the College.
15. Actively participate in the College’s Service Learning
initiative (i.e., sponsor service learning projects, sponsor
student clubs/organizations, network with
professional, business and community service
16. Support College functions, which may include (but are
not limited to) assemblies, commencement, homecoming,
sporting events, etc.
17. Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
1. Submit a complete application packet to the HR Office by
June 4, 2010.
2. A complete application packet consists of
SSCC employment application
College transcripts (unofficial accepted for the interview
Three letters of recommendation with at least one from a
present or previous employer (letters must be current
within last 12 months, dated and signed).
3. Application materials may not be submitted by fax or
email. Submit application materials to:
Snead State Community College
Office of Human Resources
P. O. Box 734
Boaz, Alabama 35957-0734
Only complete application packets received by the application deadline will be considered.
Employment applications and complete vacancy notices are available at www.snead.edu.