The Texarkana College Board of Trustees invites applications and nominations for the position of President. The Board seeks a proven leader with a commitment to the community college mission and vision.
Texarkana College is dedicated to serving the educational needs of Texarkana, Texas, and the surrounding region. The College exists for the purpose of providing opportunities and life-long learning experiences which will enable each student to develop intellectual curiosity, the ability to think critically, a sense of social and civic responsibility, an appreciation of cultural values, and the competence in trade, business skill, or profession.
Texarkana College is a two-year public college offering certificates and associate degrees, and has an enrollment of over 4,000 students. This unique college, serving a three-state area of Texas, Arkansas and Louisiana, has a history of offering world class instructional and workforce training programs, and offers student housing as well as comprehensive student support services.
· Earned doctorate or terminal degree from an accredited institution
· Minimum of 5 years successful experience at the Vice President or President/Chancellor level in an institution of higher education, preferably in a comprehensive community college
· Please submit a letter of application, a current resume, and a list of eight references.
· For the complete Texarkana College Presidential Profile, position qualifications, and information on how to apply, go to www.texarkanacollege.edu
· To ensure full consideration, application materials must be received no later than December 1, 2008.
· This is a confidential search process.
· Application materials will only be accepted electronically.
It is the policy of Texarkana College not to discriminate on the basis of sex, disabilities, race, color, age or national origin in its educational and vocational programs, activities or employment as required by Title IX, Section 503 and Title VI. The Texarkana College campus is accessible to the disabled.
Electronic copies of the application package must be submitted to: email@example.com
Confidential inquiries about the position, application process or search process should be sent to:
Dr. Walter Bumphus, Search Consultant