Grossmont/Cuyamaca Community College District
DEAN, COUNSELING & ENROLLMENT SERVICES
Position Type: Management
Department: G - Counseling
Starting Pay Rate: $100,372/YR.
Required Applicant Documents:
2. Cover Letter
3. Transcript 1
4. Special Instructions to Applicants:
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Under the direction of the Vice President of Student Services, plan, organize, administer, supervise and evaluate the performance of academic and classified personnel, and direct the operations of Counseling and Enrollment Services. The following services areas within the Division of Counseling and Enrollment Services are: Counseling, University Transfer Center, Articulation, Assessment, Career Center, Personal Development, Matriculation, Admissions & Records, Records Evaluations, Veteran Affairs and International Student Services.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - APPLICANTS MUST MEET ONE OF THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
1) Master's degree from an accredited institution AND five years of increasingly responsible management, supervisory or leadership experience in a Student Services Program; OR
2) A current California Community College Supervisory Credential AND one year of formal training, internship, or leadership experience. Additional experience equivalent to five years of achievement in management, supervision or leadership in programs, departments or divisions within an institution of higher education, with emphasis in Counseling and Enrollment Services; OR
3) The equivalent. If you are applying based on "the equivalent" you MUST submit an Equivalency Determination Form along with your application materials.
1) Knowledge of student services in higher education.
2) Demonstrated ability to review and assess Counseling and Enrollment Services programs.
3) Demonstrated organizational skills and management expertise including successful personnel and budget management in Counseling and Enrollment Services.
4) Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing and to represent the college in the community.
5) Demonstrated experience of administrative procedures and practices at the college level.
6) Evidence of commitment to collaborative decision making process and the collegial process, including the ability to work effectively and cooperatively with faculty and staff.
7) Sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
8) Demonstrated experience and ability to interpret, articulate and implement pertinent state and federal laws and regulations concerning community colleges Admissions and Records and Student Services, including Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), California Community Colleges Title 5 Regulations, California Education Code; Immigration and Naturalization Service Regulations.
9) Knowledge and experience in the use and development of Technology in the delivery of Student Services programs.
10) Demonstrate a commitment to participate in shared governance and communicate that to faculty and staff.
Applicants who are protected under the Americans with Disabilities Act due to a disability and who require accommodations for completing the application process or interviewing, please notify the District Employment Services Department. Phone (619) 644-7637, Telecommunications Device for the Deaf (TDD) (619) 644-7900.
For more information and to apply visit:
GCCCD is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Title IX employer.