Director of Admissions & Records
College Web Address: www.cabrillo.edu
Initial screening of applications will begin on Tuesday, May 25, 2010, however, applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
About the Position:
Under the general direction of the Vice President of Student Services, the Director of Admissions and Records is responsible for college-wide responsibilities including admissions, registration, and student recordkeeping and reporting programs of the College; position responsibilities include supervision of assigned staff at all Cabrillo College locations and management of the department budget.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
Education and Experience:
- Manages a system for the registration, recording, and reporting of information pertaining to student enrollment, attendance, grades, and certifies eligibility for degrees and certificates.
- Directs the process of admitting students, including the determination of California residency, and the maintenance of accurate, current student demographic information.
- Coordinates the overall management of reports required by federal, state, and local agencies, including apportionment and student demographics and degree information; and coordinates the reporting of apportionment related information to the Chancellor’s Office of the California Community Colleges.
- Manages and monitors processes that ensure compliance with state law in the areas of admission, apportionment, and student record keeping; reviews state and local policy and recommends changes as appropriate.
- Directs the maintenance and reporting of student and attendance information in the student information system.
- Notifies faculty and staff regarding policy and procedures for recording and reporting grades and attendance.
- Directs the certification of students receiving veterans' educational benefits and supervises the liaison with federal and state agencies.
- Reviews the college catalog and schedule information as it relates to all aspects of admissions, registration and records, and makes necessary revisions; develops and updates publications in area of assignment.
- Establishes deadlines, academic calendar dates, and reporting requirement dates as required by state law and local policy, and systematically distributes such information to all segments of the campus.
- Maintains a system for, and records student record history, both in the student database and on the permanent records.
- Prepares enrollment projections; full-time equivalent student (FTES).
- Prepares recommendations for and manages the annual budget for the Admissions and Records office, and other areas within scope of assignment.
- Provides an effective and active system for the provision of accurate information about the college and its curriculum for dissemination to students and the general public.
- Participates in the search and selection process for all assigned staff; supervises, trains and evaluates assigned staff.
- Supervises and participates in the development and maintenance of a variety of related records and the development of related reports.
- Conducts special studies, serves on special assignments and generates reports as required or assigned.
- Serves on and/or chairs district/college committees as required or assigned.
- Performs related duties as required or assigned.
Education equivalent to completion of a four-year college degree and approximately one year experience as Registrar at a college-level institution or three years of responsible supervisory or management experience in a college-level administrative position.
- Successful experience in Admissions & Records, counseling, financial aid, student affairs or other related functions at a college level institution
- Regulations and policies of community college admissions, registration and recordkeeping, and student information systems; and of attendance accounting and audit practices
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, with faculty, staff, students and the community
- Train, supervise and evaluate assigned staff
- Be an informed computer user with knowledge of computing systems
- Possess leadership and effective organizational skills
- Consistently perform under the pressure of deadlines and other administrative demands
- Effectively analyze and solve problems and work cooperatively with others
$6,109 to $6,736 per month to start, eight step schedule to $8,597 per month plus fringe benefits. Full time (225- day) management assignment, 12 months per year, Monday through Friday, with evenings and/or weekends as needed. Position scheduled to begin as soon as possible, pending funding and Governing Board ratification.
Currently Cabrillo College provides a benefit stipend up to $7,832 per year for employee only and up to $14,999 per year for employee plus one dependent, and $20,686 per year for employee plus two dependents for medical, dental, life insurance and long-term disability insurance.
How to Apply:
Application forms may be obtained through the Human Resources web site: http://www.cabrillo.edu/services/hr/apps/index.html OR at the office location noted below.
Cabrillo College, Human Resources Department
6500 Soquel Drive, Aptos, CA 95003
Phone: (831) 479-6217
OR FAX to: (831) 477-3545
*EACH APPLICANT MUST SUBMIT:
a) Completed and signed Cabrillo College application
b) Resume – job related
c) Three recent letters of recommendation which address the candidate's ability to perform the duties of this position
d) Criminal History Inquiry Supplemental to Application
e) Verification of educational qualifications (Foreign transcripts must be translated to determine equivalency to U.S. standards. Any fee for such translation is paid by the applicant).
• Transcripts from all colleges attended (copies are acceptable) or official proof of request for transcripts, to demonstrate the qualification re: college coursework listed in this announcement. If selected it is the responsibility of the candidate to provide official transcripts, diplomas, degrees, or other documents as may be requested
f) A one-page (typewritten) statement regarding the following: Describe your philosophy regarding the role of Director of Admissions & Records in a community college environment and how you see the position of Director of Admissions & Records fostering this philosophy.
* If any of the above materials are not submitted with your application packet, your materials will be deemed incomplete and will not be forwarded to the committee for screening.
Please notify the Human Resources Department if you require any special accommodation(s) in meeting these requirements.
Applications will be reviewed by a search committee, which will determine the applicants to invite for interviews based on appraisal of qualifications as documented by application materials submitted.
Candidates selected for employment with Cabrillo College must agree to be fingerprinted, provide current tuberculosis test results, provide proof of eligibility for employment in the United States and present a valid Social Security card upon hire.
Initial screening of applications will begin on Tuesday, May 25, 2010. All completed applications received by this date will receive a full screening. However, applications will be accepted until the position is filled. (Email transmittals are not accepted.)
Cabrillo College seeks applications from all qualified individuals. It is the continuing goal of Cabrillo College to hire and retain staff that reflect the rich diversity and cultural heritage of the college district and its student body.